shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond specs, Wisconsin appraisers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kirby&moe

Rough_Rock
I am close to purchasing the following stone. What do you folks think of the specs and the price?

0.73 H&A VS2 I GIA cert and Sarin analysis

Table - 55.1
Crown angle - 34.4
Pavillion angle - 41.0
Depth 60.6%
Girdle - 1.3%
fluor - none
polish - EX
symm - EX

PRICE ="="> $2490

Anybody think I could improve upon the color and stay in the same quality diamond for the same price? I''m comfortable with VS2.

Also, anybody know of a reputable appriser in Milwaukee, WI (or anywhere in WI)?? I plan on having the stone I buy appraised right when I get it to verify the sellers specs.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
9.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Kirby & Moe, the proportions of the diamond look fine and the price is very good... Actually about a hundred less than the 0.73 carat, I, VS-2, AGS-0 Ideal Cut (not H&A) that we currently have listed here on PS if that is any indication - Oh man, we're slamming ourselves
6.gif
oh well, somedays you win some, some days you lose some...

As far as finding an appraiser in your area, we don't know exactly where you are in Wisconsin, but we ran a search for appraisers with a specialty in Gems & Gemology in the American Society of Appraisers website and came up with this fellow:

James S. Seaman, ASA
Midwest Gem Lab
Brookfield, WI 53005
(262) 784-9017
Gems & Jewelry

We've never had any contact with Mr. Seaman so we can't tell you "anything" about him, but maybe some of the other gemologists who frequent the forums can be of further assistance to you in this matter...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results