shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond specs... %ages are ok, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hmmm

Rough_Rock
Thanks to those who gave me insight on the H&A laser inscription question. I''ve spent some time reading other posts and it seems like the %ages on the engagement diamond I just bought are ok, but was looking for further feedback. Here''s the numbers:

1.714 carat
7.68-7.71x4.72
ags000
H
VS2
table%: 56.1
depth%: 61.4
girdle: faceted 1.2% to 3.4%
crown angle: 34.8%
pavilion angle: 40.7%
crown height: 15.3%
pavilion height: 42.9%

Thanks again to anyone who can offer some insight. Since this is the biggest purchase I''ve made and it''s for a one time clearly special event, maybe I''m just being a nervous nelly looking for reassurance.
26.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 5:08:05 PM
Author:hmmm
but was looking for further feedback.
yes...looks very good to me!

Further confirmation/slight questions could be raised to note whether your AGS000 includes a 0 for light performance specifically. Your numbers show it is affirmatively a candidate to be so, but there could be some question if it was a newer cert, and ran by the old formula...and not showing 0 specifically for light performance.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi hmmm,

Do you happen to know when the stone was graded? the date would be on the grading report. That''s what Ira is referring to.

By the numbers, it sounds lovely!

And no need to explain your need for confirmation, you''re right, it''s a big, important purchase. Looks like you may well have picked a real winner.
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
according to his other post, the diamond is current ags0 including light performance.
should be stunning!

hmmm

Rough_Rock
The AGSL is dated Nov. 15, 2006. From what I''ve read here (this forum is an amazing find by the way... thanks again for everyone''s input), that would put it after the AGS grading changeover. The ags 000 specifications are for light performance, proportion factors, and finish, with ideal polish and symmetry.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well then, you done good!!

Please post pics if you can.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
numbers look great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results