shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Source USA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Search_Diamond

Rough_Rock
I recently found Diamond Source USA on the web (http://www.diasource.com) which claims they deal mainly in ideal and premium cut diamonds. Does anyone have any experiences purchasing from them?

Also they list 2 proportions for the ideal cut (http://www.diasource.com/fourcs.asp) the first one is the Tolkowsky Ideal Cut and the other they call it the "Excellent Ideal Cut". According to them the Excellent Ideal cut should have the following proportions: total depth (59.2%-62.4%), Table size (52.5% - 58.4%), crown angle(32.5 - 35.4 degrees), and pavilion Depth(41.5% - 44.4%). Do these seem like ideal cut proportions? Any info would be helpful. Thank you

rke

Rough_Rock
I visited the store in Phoenix and found them to be very nice and knowledgable. I was looking at Princess cuts and did not go with them for two reasons. First, being that they were local the sales tax would have added quite a bit to the purchase. Secondly, of the diamonds I viewed the proportions were not exactly what I was looking for.

Seems like a good company with fair prices, but you may have better luck searching an online vendor for the specific dimensions you are looking for. That is what I did.

Search_Diamond

Rough_Rock
anybody else had any similar experiences? How about their definition of the "excelent ideal cut proportions". Do they fall within industry standards?

huguetguy

Rough_Rock
I don't know about their proportions, but they sent me a list of H Si1's that are either ags000's or GIA Ex/ex that all score in the 0-2 range on HCA...comparing them to niceice stock they are cheaper, but they don't have pictures of the diamonds themselves, just the certs and sarin reports...

haven't decided yet what to do...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results