shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond size, too bid??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I am getting ready to buy a diamond, a 1.14ct pear e/vs1. My girlfriend is a rather petite. About 5'2" average to petite build, with small slender hands and fingers. Her ring size is around a 5 1/4 to 5 1/2. I am wondering, and have been told by my parents that 1ct or larger will look to big on her small hand and will also be in the way.

Obviously I am sure she would be very happy with the 1.14ct. Especially sense she is really expecting around a .5ct.

What does everyone think??? Especially the ladies??? Keep in mind she is 22.

Also, originally I was not planning on getting a seperate wedding band. I was just going to use the extra money in the main solitare. But, now I think I am going to, (a simple platinum band with a few small rounds set low inside of it). She works in a chemistry lab and I think it would be nice if she can leave the wedding band on and take the actual diamond off, while she works. I don't think she will be able to wear a diamond at work!

Any comments???:lickout: :lickout:

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
I don't think 1.14 will be too big. I work in a lab too and take my ring off at work...and it's only .59 ct. If she wouldn't wear her ring to work anyway, you might as well go larger. Believe me, she will get used to it. :))

Good luck!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely not too big :)

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Your parents are just being parents, and trying to save you money.

The 1.14 will look terrific on your girlfriend...

Rich

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I have a similar question. I am getting ready to buy a 1.57 carat round. My girlfriend is also fairly petite, and her ring size is extremely small -- 4.5

Is 1.57 too big? Please note she does not wear any other jewelry on her hands -- so this will be all there is. Does anyone think this is too big? (I am getting a standard 6 prong Tiffany setting).

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a size 4 ring and 1.6 carat diamond. It doesn't look too big to me!

nineta

Rough_Rock
Definitely not too big. It is a veeery generous carat weight and she'll be delighted! :appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results