shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond shopping in Philly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fullojoy

Rough_Rock
I am hoping to puchase a diamond in Philly this week. Harry Merrill and Sons, and Safian and Rudolph have been recommended to me. Does anyone have anyother stores to suggest? Thanks. Joy

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Robbins, Singer, Debs, Barksy, Cott, Salese, Kanell, Testa, Lauria''s, Kao, J&D, GoldenNugget, Rosen, Kellmer, Tang. Just some of those folks, besides those you already mentioned. who enjoy a good repuation and fight eachother every day for sales.

They are not in preferential order. Just names as I thought of them to put down for you.

mark0611

Rough_Rock
Just so you know what you are in for..

Steven Singer
International Fine Trade Cut 1.00 Princess
H
SI2
EGL Certified
w/ 14k white gold .25ctw ring
$4528

Robbins
International Fine Trade Cut 1.00 Princess
I
VVS2
GIA Certified
$4,750

Much better experience at Robbins- diamond was gorgeous too...

locke

Rough_Rock
I would add Campbell''s at 702 to Dave''s list to check out.

You can develop your own opinion about Safian, but I have had bad experiences with them. The salesman that I worked with was very pushy and not very knowledgeable. I was looking at pear shapes and I asked him how good the cut was on one. This was a test as the optimal parameters for fancy shapes is still arguable. Nonetheless he took a quick look though the loupe and told me it was "a very fine cut". Yeah, right. I would recommend writing down the specs that they tell you with the price they quote and compare to prices online. I found that Safian was 80 - 100% above internet pricing. Now sure, you can talk them down, but why would you want to work with someone who operates like that? A friend of mine had a similar experience with them, and although a sample size of 2 isn''t big enough to base an opinion on I''m still not going back.

Also one more thing I would give yourself much more than a week. I''ve been at this for a month now and still haven''t found what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results