shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond shopping in Philly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fullojoy

Rough_Rock
I am hoping to puchase a diamond in Philly this week. Harry Merrill and Sons, and Safian and Rudolph have been recommended to me. Does anyone have anyother stores to suggest? Thanks. Joy

Robbins, Singer, Debs, Barksy, Cott, Salese, Kanell, Testa, Lauria''s, Kao, J&D, GoldenNugget, Rosen, Kellmer, Tang. Just some of those folks, besides those you already mentioned. who enjoy a good repuation and fight eachother every day for sales.

They are not in preferential order. Just names as I thought of them to put down for you.

Just so you know what you are in for..

Steven Singer
International Fine Trade Cut 1.00 Princess
H
SI2
EGL Certified
w/ 14k white gold .25ctw ring
$4528

Robbins
International Fine Trade Cut 1.00 Princess
I
VVS2
GIA Certified
$4,750

Much better experience at Robbins- diamond was gorgeous too...

I would add Campbell''s at 702 to Dave''s list to check out.

You can develop your own opinion about Safian, but I have had bad experiences with them. The salesman that I worked with was very pushy and not very knowledgeable. I was looking at pear shapes and I asked him how good the cut was on one. This was a test as the optimal parameters for fancy shapes is still arguable. Nonetheless he took a quick look though the loupe and told me it was "a very fine cut". Yeah, right. I would recommend writing down the specs that they tell you with the price they quote and compare to prices online. I found that Safian was 80 - 100% above internet pricing. Now sure, you can talk them down, but why would you want to work with someone who operates like that? A friend of mine had a similar experience with them, and although a sample size of 2 isn''t big enough to base an opinion on I''m still not going back.

Also one more thing I would give yourself much more than a week. I''ve been at this for a month now and still haven''t found what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP