shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond shipping to MWM?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackwave

Rough_Rock
After way too much time spend reading PS and every other resource I could get my hands on, I finally went for it and bought a round brilliant 0.85 G VS2 AGS0 diamond from Whiteflash. I''m pumped! Here is the stone if you''re curious: https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2095770.htm#

The second step was the setting and I just confirmed with Mark Morrell for a classic Torchiere with accent diamonds. I think this thing is going to be beautiful
emteeth.gif

Now for the question.. Mark only accepts diamonds shipped from appraisers or vendors. If I approach an independent appraiser saying I would like the ring appraised once it comes back from being set, do you think they will be willing to ship the diamond initially for me? I want the final ring appraised for insurance purposes. Is this a job best for an independent appraiser, or will a local b&m work?

Thanks again for your help,

Chris

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I would for sure use an independent appraiser and just call to make sure that they will ship the stone. I did this very easily when I had Mark do my Sunset a few years ago. My appraiser did an appraisal on my loose stone first (even though I have an AGS cert), sent it off to Mark, and upon receipt he confirmed the stone was mine, checked for damage and completed an appraisal of the finished product. I was just charged extra for the shipping charges to Mark Morrell.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don''t have an independent appraiser handy, I''d send it back to WF and have them send it.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 10:09:01 AM
Author:blackwave
After way too much time spend reading PS and every other resource I could get my hands on, I finally went for it and bought a round brilliant 0.85 G VS2 AGS0 diamond from Whiteflash. I''m pumped! Here is the stone if you''re curious: https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2095770.htm#

The second step was the setting and I just confirmed with Mark Morrell for a classic Torchiere with accent diamonds. I think this thing is going to be beautiful
emteeth.gif

Now for the question.. Mark only accepts diamonds shipped from appraisers or vendors. If I approach an independent appraiser saying I would like the ring appraised once it comes back from being set, do you think they will be willing to ship the diamond initially for me? I want the final ring appraised for insurance purposes. Is this a job best for an independent appraiser, or will a local b&m work?

Thanks again for your help,

Chris
My favourite! YAY!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

I''d definitely send it to an appraiser too. How exciting! Woohoo!!!!! How long did Mark say it''ll take to finish it?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Send it back to WF and have them ship it to MM. WF would be familiar with the situation and the need to do this.

blackwave

Rough_Rock
I hadn''t thought of using WF.. what a glaringly obvious solution! I wanted to physically see it before sending it, so that''s why I didn''t have them send it directly. I''ll check locally for an independent appraiser first though, so I can skip an extra degree of shipping.

gwendolyn, he said we''re looking at about 6 weeks to finish. I think that''s a little longer than typical right now because he has to make a prototype for my particular diamond size. I think it''s a little smaller than he''s used to.. oh well!

On a side note, I just picked up my diamond from the local FedEx and it looks amazing! I used my loupe to give it a good look-see and there''s a something-or-other right down in the culet area that is not plotted or mentioned by the appraiser (AGS cert, VS2, WF appraiser.) Should I be concerned? Maybe I can manage a magnified photo of it later. It''s invisible at 10x from the top, but I can clearly see it from the side/bottom. It looks feather-ish maybe? I''m not too versed on inclusions.

blackwave

Rough_Rock
Okay, disregard. I''m a paranoid first time diamond buyer. This "inclusion" wiped off. Yeah yeah, laugh it up
emotion-15.gif
I took it directly from the wax paper to the tweezers, so I didn''t think of that as a possibility.

I''m back to blissful happy diamond owner now!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 5:06:39 PM
Author: blackwave
Okay, disregard. I''m a paranoid first time diamond buyer. This ''inclusion'' wiped off. Yeah yeah, laugh it up
emotion-15.gif
I took it directly from the wax paper to the tweezers, so I didn''t think of that as a possibility.

I''m back to blissful happy diamond owner now!
Hahaha!!!
2.gif
Your diamond looks gorgeous. Don''t forget to show us when the diamond is finally set in the ring
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results