shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Setting in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EQUINOXIII

Rough_Rock
I am currently in Boston and would like to have a diamond removed from one ring and reset in a new setting. The old setting also has six .15 ct stones channel set in the band and I have an engagement ring and wedding band that I want to sell with the possibility of applying the value towards side stones for the new engagement ring.The other hitch is that I need to do this on Saturday, July 28, 2001. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can do this in the Boston area this Saturday?Is it customary for jewlers to buy back stones and apply the value towards new stones or towards the cost of resetting the diamonds?Thanks

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It depends on the jeweller.
I only use +H +SI and am very fussy with cut so less than 10% of what people offer me can I use.
I also never sell second hand, so the ring is of no value as it costs money to remove the stones.
If I can use the diamonds I will generally give a 90% credit of what I will sell the stones for.
Suggest you phone around a bit first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results