shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Selection Help

DDDD

Rough_Rock
Dear Ladies,

First let me thank you all so very much for this fantastic forum. I have been scouring the internet for help on diamond selection, and this forum has the best advice and I learnt so much just browsing through.
I have finally decided on the specs for the engagement diamond to my fiance, and was wondering if I could get your views on choosing between the 2.

Diamond A
1.90 VS1 Colour H
Depth %61.8
Table %56.2
Crown Angle34.5
Star51.0
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %15.1
Lower Girdle76.0
Measurements7.91x7.94x4.90

Diamond B
1.83 VS1 Colour G

Depth %61.3
Table %55.4
Crown Angle34.6
Star50.0
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %15.3
Lower Girdle77.0
Measurements7.89x7.92x4.85

I am just wondering whether the slight bigger carat size (Diamond A) was worth sacrificing one colour grade (G vs H). Both are supposed to be eye clean.
Diamond B is more expensive by $1000.
Also, if the star length of 51 (A) vs. 50 (B) is an issue; i know that 51 is also considered ideal but 50 is more ideal.
Please feel free to give me any further advice on their parameters.
Thank you all so very much!!! :)

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Those angles and the small table on diamond B are perfection. And the dimensions are almost exactly the same. Go for B!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the size gain of the first stone is not enough to make up for the higher color grade of the second stone.
I'd go with B.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’d go with B based off the numbers. It has the potential for some nice fire!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for diamond b. to me, not enough of a weight gain to go down in color, unless you favor the h color over the g color.

DDDD

Rough_Rock
Dear friends,
Thank you for your feedback. I note that the specifications for Diamond B are better, and that the colour grade of G is better!
I discovered that the inclusion on Diamond B, has a crystal on the table, while Diamond A's table is quite clean (small cloud).

This is Diamond B below and you can see a crystal on the table, which also seems to leak light on the ASET images.

Diamond B.JPG

This is Diamond A below.

Diamond A.JPG

I am worried that the crystal will cause light to leak out and disrupt the light pattern.. I Given the crystal inclusion on the table, will you still choose B over A?
Thank you once again for your kind advice i really appreciate it!!! :geek2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for the clarity plot.

how about a video clip?? is that at all possible?? are the diamonds from the same vendor??

the diamonds really ought to be "seen" ...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear friends,
Thank you for your feedback. I note that the specifications for Diamond B are better, and that the colour grade of G is better!
I discovered that the inclusion on Diamond B, has a crystal on the table, while Diamond A's table is quite clean (small cloud).

This is Diamond B below and you can see a crystal on the table, which also seems to leak light on the ASET images.

Diamond B.JPG

This is Diamond A below.

Diamond A.JPG

I am worried that the crystal will cause light to leak out and disrupt the light pattern.. I Given the crystal inclusion on the table, will you still choose B over A?
Thank you once again for your kind advice i really appreciate it!!! :geek2:

I dont see any ASET images--just the images from the certificates. Can you clarify if you have ASETs? If so, please post them.

DDDD

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for everyones help! As you can see theres a spot there at the 7 o clock position which I think (with my untrained eye) represents the crystal inclusion shown on the grading pictures? Please correct me if I am wrong. Let me know how you feel about the diamond given this blemish! Thank you so much for your advice it really helps me. =)2

db2.png d3.png d12.png

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
the aset looks good to me.

i think the diamond will be eye clean, as well

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!

DDDD

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone so very much for your views, noted that diamond B is a winner over A! I have 2 days to make a final decision and a third diamond choice C has emerged as a candidate!

Price is more expensive than the previous Diamond B by $2k. The ASET looks very clean to me.
My main concern is that the table is 54.6%! I know it should be 55-56.5% for superideal; the other factor is our forums has the discussion that a "smaller" table will create more FIRE and scintillations.. Star is 50.

Do you think 54.6% table will look too small? Will the extra "fire" be worth the extra price/does it exist? Does the cluster of inclusion bother you?
Thank you once again :)

The specs are:
Diamond Choice C - 1.80ct, F, VS1
Depth %61.8
Table %54.6
Crown Angle34.6
Star50
Pavilion Angle40.7
Crown %15.7
Lower Girdle76

1602210469225.png
1602210501861.png

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone so very much for your views, noted that diamond B is a winner over A! I have 2 days to make a final decision and a third diamond choice C has emerged as a candidate!

Price is more expensive than the previous Diamond B by $2k. The ASET looks very clean to me.
My main concern is that the table is 54.6%! I know it should be 55-56.5% for superideal; the other factor is our forums has the discussion that a "smaller" table will create more FIRE and scintillations.. Star is 50.

Do you think 54.6% table will look too small? Will the extra "fire" be worth the extra price/does it exist? Does the cluster of inclusion bother you?
Thank you once again :)

The specs are:
Diamond Choice C - 1.80ct, F, VS1
Depth %61.8
Table %54.6
Crown Angle34.6
Star50
Pavilion Angle40.7
Crown %15.7
Lower Girdle76

1602210469225.png
1602210501861.png

I favour small tables and also like the specs on this latest option. As long as it is eye clean, and it should be being a VS1, I would double check for peace of mind though. Good luck!

free-user

Rough_Rock
Option a. I favor savings and biggest bang for buck. Stats are very close. I can tell some color differences between most diamonds but once its set i didnt matter to me. A.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results