shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond & Sapphire E-ring - Sourcing stones and setting ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
I''m throwing around several ideas for my e-ring and one of my inspirations is a three stone diamond and sapphire ring, resembling Tiffany''s take on this classic.

My question is about sourcing and setting. I''ve been thinking of using Leon for the setting. I also hear great things about sourcing stones from Jeff White. I''m looking for two matching sapphires, just under 1ct each. I really love the color of the Tiffany sapphires and will be very picky with the color. Tiffany Sapphires seen here: http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10042#f+0/1001/2002/0/0/1001

Taking cost and quality into account, do you think it is better for me to ask Leon to source the stones, or get the stones myself from Jeff White?

Does anyone have a ballpark on what Leon would charge for side stones and setting?

Thanks!

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
Any opinions out there??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I asked Jeff for matching sapphires over a year ago, and I think it is unlikely to happen. My recommendation is to check with Winfields who deals with PalaGems because they have a lot of pairs. Otherwise, you can certainly ask Leon what he can access. By the way, that is one of my favorite rings and I have considered it, too, for a RHR. Please come back with pictures if you do it!

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:17:34 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yes, I asked Jeff for matching sapphires over a year ago, and I think it is unlikely to happen. My recommendation is to check with Winfields who deals with PalaGems because they have a lot of pairs. Otherwise, you can certainly ask Leon what he can access. By the way, that is one of my favorite rings and I have considered it, too, for a RHR. Please come back with pictures if you do it!

Hi! Thanks Diamond Seeker! I can''t decide if I want to go the pave route or just go really classic with a three stone diamond-sapphire. My dream is to have an amazing custom art deco ring made, but I just can''t find anyone in New York City that I think would pull off the kind of work I am looking for.

Leon''s work looks lovely, but he doesn''t do the type of antiqued look I was looking for in a art deco setting, so that''s why I thought of him for a gorgeous three stone or pave. What do yo think he would charge to source two matching sapphire''s - 1ct each?

Thanks!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd ask Leon to source the sides. He has a wonderful eye for proportion. But, if your heart is set on an Art Deco-esque setting, ask him. He might surprise you.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
www.nelsonrarities.com

www.sjphillips.com

www.pierrefamille.com

for some great ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results