shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond/Sapphire Band project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''ve bought into the whole Tiffany "celebration ring" campaign. I''m hoping to create my first (of hopefully many!) similar to this Fay Cullen style:

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c901t2sd.html

...In white gold but without the millegrain. This is a budget operation for me, so I just want to get feedback on whether the $600 price tag would be attainable through custom work or if I should just order through good ol'' Fay.

I know that I should probably just get a price quote from WF/GOG/etc., but before I potentially waste their time I wanted to get some thoughts here. Thank you in advance!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is an image from the Fay Cullen site:
1.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This is fun Musey! Tell us what else you want to change except millegrain?
Should it be rounds and squares alternating? Or for example rounds will always be diamonds and sapphire - something else?

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
knoxjewelers.biz has a band similar to what you are wanting and I bet they could do it in a full eternity too. link to knox band

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Considering the number of sad stories where someone sends off their ring for some maintenance or sizing and it comes back with part of the millgrain smoothed off, I would think you could get that particular band and have the millgrain removed. But that''s just my guess.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that antiqueengagementrings.com has the same ring, for less $$$.

I would call Leigh @ Antique Engagement rings and ask if he could do this ring w/o the milgrain, I am sure he could- he''s great and v. good on the phone but not as responsive via e-mail.

saphrings2.jpg
saphrings3.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 9:50:00 AM
Author: Pricescope

Should it be rounds and squares alternating? Or for example rounds will always be diamonds and sapphire - something else?
Thank you all so much! I will look into the AER one.

I think that would actually be the only thing I'd want to change, so should I just try colorkitty's suggestion and get the millegrain smoothed off? I don't know anything about the quality of Fay Cullen's pieces, should this be a concern as well?

If I do go custom, should I stick with square-round-square-etc. or switch it to all squares (since the bezel is shaped that way anyway)? I do want to stick with the overall shape that the bezels make (square-square-square, alternating directions) just don't know if I want the round peg in the square whole, so to speak!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 1:29:54 PM
Author: musey

Date: 1/12/2007 9:50:00 AM
Author: Pricescope

Thank you all so much! I will look into the AER one.

I think that would actually be the only thing I''d want to change, so should I just try colorkitty''s suggestion and get the millegrain smoothed off? I don''t know anything about the quality of Fay Cullen''s pieces, should this be a concern as well?

If I do go custom, should I stick with square-round-square-etc. or switch it to all squares (since the bezel is shaped that way anyway)? I do want to stick with the overall shape that the bezels make (square-square-square, alternating directions) just don''t know if I want the round peg in the square whole, so to speak!
I think that they are the exact same rings- just different vendors.
We bought our wedding bands from AER- but bought in person. My husband bought me earrings (wedding gift) from Fay Cullen that are lovely BUT he had a h3ll of a time getting them- they shipped to the wrong address, even after he specifically told them not to ship them to his billing address (they were a bit of a last minute purchase so he wanted them to go to my parents'' home) and of course they sent them the wrong place.
I know a lot of people have though that Leigh wasn''t that responsive to e-mails, but he is a small operation, Fay Cullen is definitely more the kind of place where you can get lost in the sauce if you will.
I would call Leigh up and see if he could do the ring w/o milgrain and if that would cost anything extra and do the same w/ FC.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 1:38:10 PM
Author: dtnyc
I think that they are the exact same rings- just different vendors.
That''s good to know! If I don''t go custom, I''ll definitely go w/ AER then. Thank you!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you live in NYC? If so, for this type of purchase I would consider going to the diamond district and looking around at the stackable bands that people have. For this type of purchase I''m not sure that extremely well-cut stones would be necessary, so this is the type of thing where I would just want to find a large selection of stackable bands and pick out my favorite.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in Los Angeles, and have visited the diamond district here, but I''ve had trouble finding colored stone pieces there. (If anyone has had luck with this, let me know!)

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked on Fay Cullen''s website and they have no return policy and AER gives 30 days. Just an FYI!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results