shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Rolling Ring advice and assistance please

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hello fellow PSer's!!

My DH has given me the green light to start a new project and I think I really want a rolling ring. However, I'm really on the fense about how I want it to look. I basically have it narrorowed down to 3 different options.
1- White gold bands with channel set diamonds
2- Tri gold with channel set
3-Tri gold with pave set

All 3 options really appeal to me. I would wear this ring often as a RHR so do you think the pave would eventually rub off and damage the rest of the ring?

My other question is obviously it would be cheaper to not have one custom made so are there any sites out there selling diamond rollings rings that you would trust? If not and I do the custom route, which PS vendors would you contact for quotes?
I know Leon does excellent pave but I'm not a fan on his attitude and I have seen some of his pave work fall apart after a few years so the quality is just not there for me- so I will pass on that vendor....anyone else?

Garuda

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621|1309355173|2957904 said:
Hello fellow PSer's!!

My DH has given me the green light to start a new project and I think I really want a rolling ring. However, I'm really on the fense about how I want it to look. I basically have it narrorowed down to 3 different options.
1- White gold bands with channel set diamonds
2- Tri gold with channel set
3-Tri gold with pave set

All 3 options really appeal to me. I would wear this ring often as a RHR so do you think the pave would eventually rub off and damage the rest of the ring?

My other question is obviously it would be cheaper to not have one custom made so are there any sites out there selling diamond rollings rings that you would trust? If not and I do the custom route, which PS vendors would you contact for quotes?
I know Leon does excellent pave but I'm not a fan on his attitude and I have seen some of his pave work fall apart after a few years so the quality is just not there for me- so I will pass on that vendor....anyone else?

I'm looking to do a tri-color pave diamond rolling ring as well. What did you end up doing? Did you find someone who was willing to make your ring reliably?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Garuda

Rough_Rock
http://www.cartier.us/#/show-me/jewelry/n4210700-trinity-ring,-classic-model

Yes this is the one, it's 36k in Canada. So with the tax, just over 40k.

I've been looking for a ring for the last couple years, in earnest over the last year. Have probably looked at 10-20,000 different rings. I spent countless hours on google images, after typing in terms like diamond ring.. eternity band. etc etc. By chance I came across the Trinity ring. She's got a silver one that she absolutely loves. So this, just seemed to make sense. Sadly, as with all my selections. It ended up being a very expensive piece. For me, 40k on a ring is expensive. For some others perhaps not. Hence my search to have someone make it for me.

The SA at Cartier didn't bring about any objections when I mentioned it was to be an everyday piece. But then again, I wouldn't expect them to tell me it's going to fall apart routinely. Looking close up at the photos, it looks like the stones are held beneath the claws, so the stones themselves aren't actually going to rub on anything else.

I talked to her last night, her immediate response based on your replies is to forgo the ring and pick something else.. It's quite easy for her to say.. she didn't just spend a gazzillion hours picking it. lol.

There's very few pieces I can say I enjoy, and fewer still I'd want for her.
You can see the little ring vs the larger one on her fingers. 18K vs 40k insane. Of course we both took to the larger one.. me especially.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
===================================================
Video of the rings on her fingers as well, 2 videos, 1 with both on.
http://goo.gl/ohN6D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
==================================================

2012-03-14_0.jpg

2012-03-14_1.jpg

2012-03-14_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results