shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond robbery at Brussels airport

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanksgiving was not much fun for us. Yesterday evening, there was a robbery of the FedEx-office at the Brussels airport, and an unknown number of diamond-shipments were stolen.

Unfortunately, one of these was ours, containing 3 of our nice princess-cuts. From our side, we hope that insurance will work out swiftly.

Although it would be nice, that one of these rare princess-cuts would pop up with someone who knows his stuff, and recognize them as they are. One never knows.

Live long,

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Damn, Paul, I''m sorry to hear that.
7.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Paul, I am so sorry to hear about this. I, too, hope that they are caught. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear that Paul. I hope your stones are found quickly.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is just terrible paul, i am sorry to hear it happened. i hope you get a quick and satisfactory resolution.

hilbake

Rough_Rock
Wow, I didn''t even hear it on the news (I''m in Brussels). So sorry, I hope they catch whoever did it.
I wonder how often something like this happens? It will make me think twice about having a diamond shipped here from the U.S... might be safer to go there and pick it up!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! I surely hope the insurance will work for you.
40.gif

maybe it is some new European epidemic - a large jewelry theft made news last week here too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry Paul that this had to happen. I hope they catch the culprits quickly and you get back what is rightfully yours.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Paul,

I am thankful the robbery was at the Fed-Ex office and not at your office! I hope no one was hurt.

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery of the goods or insurance settlement for you...and wishes for everyone - in the trade and outside of it - to stay safe this holiday season.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2005 12:04:09 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Paul,

I am thankful the robbery was at the Fed-Ex office and not at your office! I hope no one was hurt.

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery of the goods or insurance settlement for you...and wishes for everyone - in the trade and outside of it - to stay safe this holiday season.

Amen

Well said.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That is just horrible!!! I too hope that someone will recognize your AMAZING princess cut diamonds and that your insurance will work out swiftly. How devastating! But, as John said, at least it was at the FedEx office and not your office. I will pray that the criminals are caught soon.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear that!
15.gif

I hope they get caught and the cops can recover all of the lost stones, and throw those
bas$!@#$ in Prison!
29.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paul:

Sorry to hear that. I trust you have adequate insurance. I doubt that you or your client will ever see those stones again.

I''d like to say, that I''ll keep my eyes open; but then I am not shopping at this time.

Perry

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Paul,
I am so sorry to hear that. As John said thank god it was at the fed ex office and not at your office. I hope the insurance goes smoothly and of course would hope your stones turn up as well. That''s the worst.
14.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paul

That of course is very distressing news for everyone to hear.

Were these stones Gemprinted or inscribed ?

If you can email me ( [email protected]) copies of the details, cert copies etc. I will certainly keep an eye out for them here, and perhaps send them to the other appraisers as well and AGS as well.

Rockdoc

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I echo everyone''s comments and sympathies.
I hope these jewelry thefts don''t fund anything more horrible.

Best of luck.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes! That''s tough to take...I feel fortunate that your shipment arrived here safely today.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am traveling myself, and thus do not have the latest news on all this. Our insurance should not be a problem.

As for more news, apparently a total of 30 shipments containing diamonds or jewellery were taken. I do hope that they catch them.

In any case, if any suspect carries one of our stones, they are definitely identifiable.

Live long,

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Paul, that stinks. I sure hope the robbers are caught!
11.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sorry to hear this Pau.

Karma will get them.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2005 2:36:41 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
How terrible, I''m so sorry to hear it... I hope they catch them. My fiancee works in law enforcement and while he has never cracked that kind of case, he''s helped stores in several diamond robberies here in San Diego.. Its just terrible and especially this time of year.
8.gif

Hi SDL

Ask him to take a look at www.gemprint.com Check out the listing for local Gemprint centers there, as Gemprint and the local centers will help in matching any recovered items.

Rockdoc

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your troubles - being victimized by any crime of that nature is hard to take. God speed in resolving your issues with the insurance company.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Paul

Seems you really having a hard time, Perhaps you should extend your traveling to Australia and come and relax a bit downunder. You not that far away at the moment

Regards
Johan

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Paul, this is most distressing. My shipment did arrive this morning so it was not ours, but if you post the weight, color and clarity of the missing diamonds you will have a few extra thousand Pricescopers eyes watching for you!

I hope the wedding you were traveling to went well and that there was some joyous celebrating the couple''s wedding.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results