shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Ring In White

mhovingh

Rough_Rock
I had been doing most of my jewelry photography practice with colored stone pieces and decided it was time to try diamond-only pieces. Here is a diamond ring I worked on learning to photograph properly. I think it turned out alright but I will have to do some more research on photographing diamond-only pieces because I would like it to be a bit better. I am not sure if it is something with the background, lighting, camera settings, or something else, but I just feel something is off. Comments/questions about the photography and ring are welcome. Any input on improving my diamond-only photography is greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy the picture.

1.35 cttw Round Cut Diamonds, all SI-1 and G color, in 14k White Gold

135-diamond-001.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert but maybe too much of the wrong kind of lighting and definitely needs to be in better focus. The light you have is good for scintillation but for still photography I think something more muted would be better.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no expert but there's quite a bit of noise in that pic.. also manual focus - autofocus can try to focus on points of contrast instead of the actual subject.

ETA: Might want to clean your lenses - I think I see a fingerprint in the bottom R corner
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are some posters on here who take really good pictures of their diamonds. Kenny had a great thread for his stones, and I believe he also posted about his setup for taking the photos.

I bet if you make a thread about how to take good pictures of diamonds you'll get some responses. Some of our posters have gorgeous professional looking photos. I bet they could help you a lot.

ETA:
Here's a link to Kenny's thread about his Octavia. Now that is some awesome diamond photography!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results