shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond ring for a man

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
That would be me.
9.gif

I'd just like to know if you all have any thoughts about possible designs for diamond rings for men. Anything you like, have, have seen, that kind of thing.

I'm interested in what would be available, and what would be available to have custom made, and the size limitation of the stone per the design (mainly in terms of the height of the diamond, I'm thinking).

I'd like something minimalist, but not the kind of ring that holds the diamond like prongs (if you know what I'm referring to- tension setting, that's what it's called- I don't want a tension setting).

I'm just looking for ideas at this point. I have money saved and I'm saving money all the time.
3.gif
I'm buying an 18kt band ring, so this would be for my right hand (which finger, who knows
40.gif
).

I noticed that Whiteflash has a very complicated scattered diamond ring for men. That's not to my taste, but I like the regular scattered diamond band rings, but I'm not sure if men could wear them, but I like the price, but I'm not sure if .02 cts would give enough rainbow (sparkle?) effect to hold my interest, but I like the fact that these bands are flush.

I'm sorry for the run on sentence! Diamonds and jewelry have always been a hobby of mine, but no more so than now, but wearing a diamond ring would being going out a limb fashion wise for me, personally, because I don't wear jewelry (at the present time, I've sold my JLC and I won't wear my Casio, and I won't wear my Rolex- I don't like to have them on, but I think at least one ring will be OK (the gold one) and I'd like to have a diamond, or diamonds. I'd like a K VS1 from .33- .6 if I'm being honest.

Soliciting ideas/ links. Any help is appreciated!

Danny

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

noblemish

Rough_Rock

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks nice! Does he wear it? I seem to remember that when I was growing up diamond rings for men were more popular than now. Also, I had an onyx ring a long time ago. It had the initial for my last name in 10kt gold over the onyx. I guess the initial was held by a pin. Unfortunately, I don''t know what happened to that ring.

My brother had a gold wedding ring like the other ring in that picture-- with three small diamonds, but he lost it. So then his wife replaced it with a plain gold band.
1.gif

noblemish

Rough_Rock
I''m pretty sure he still wears it daily. Got it about 20 years ago. He is primarily a watch lover.

I just wear a watch and my wedding band. But my wife''s diamonds make me want to find a way to get some for ME!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I hear you.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
A search turned up this very cool ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-my-asscher-tension-set-and-blue-diamond-melee.56052/

36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Fascinating! Please keep the suggestions coming!

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
More in these threads.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/boone-diamond-tension-ring-for-a-guy.22652/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/men-and-diamonds.22350/

LGK

Ideal_Rock
One of the customers I see at work just about every day has the coolest men''s ring I''ve ever seen- I always stare at his hands while I''m ringing him up. It''s definitely Art Deco, and has a square head with four large diamonds set in a square inside it, and some more diamonds down the shank. While his is undoubtedly wayyyy flashier than you had in mind (it''s gotta be over 3 cttw) the shape is what I thought was neat. I like the angular shape of the ring for a man- the very geometric shape of his ring is definitely masculine looking, not girly at all despite the blinginess.

Sorry, I''ve got no pic for you- George would probably think I was a complete wingnut if I asked to take one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The fella who works at a coffee shop I frequent wears a tension set ER and a diamond eternity band along with it. White gold.

cheers--Sharon

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
These are rings that i had stored, as a result of web searches. Don''t remember where they are from.

Webrings100_WEB.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
How about something like this? I love the wave style from Mokume - you can find these on Krikawa''s website.

BEGMokWave.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another

BEGMWwDiaChannelTop.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 4:49:00 PM
Author: tonysgeko
These are rings that i had stored, as a result of web searches. Don''t remember where they are from.

Webrings100_WEB.jpg

I love the bottom right. It''s something I would get my husband if he''d wear diamonds.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i want a solitaire ring with an open pavil style setting.
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 6:50:31 PM
Author: elle_chris

Date: 4/19/2009 4:49:00 PM
Author: tonysgeko

Webrings100_WEB.jpg

I love the bottom right. It''s something I would get my husband if he''d wear diamonds.
I love it too - I was thinking the same thing!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of my favs from Christian Bauer. I love the satin band with the single baguette! The husdsband loves the baguette band too. These are all from Pearlman''s, but I''m sure you could get similar designs made for less.

I think if you went with a thicker scattered band from WF, or the champagne band, they''d be masculine enough as well.

cbauerpearlmans.JPG

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
How about something like this....I''d love to see it in brushed yellow gold, maybe a couple of ''k''s on each side of the shank and a cool center stone that I''m sure the lovely ladies from the colored stone forum would love to help you out with!
31.gif

r422-04Ww.jpg

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my custom men''s ring from WF. I love it.

Copy of JosephKlein_0626-3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t check all the links, but I remember Rod had a very nice men''s diamond ring...it was sort of like a tension set plain band with the diamond open from the sides, I think. I thought it looked really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results