shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Review

Ozzzzzz

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, would be great to get your oppinion on this diamond and if it is decent value at $2,100? It is a 1.4c VS2, I, Ideal. Certificate, link and HCA score below. I know there are "nicer" diamonds out there but wanted to see if there was something really wrong with this one that I'm missing or if I am getting a bad deal all things considered as my budget is only around $2,000 for the diamond. My goal is to get the largest diamond I can without compromising too heavily on some of the other factors. Really appreciate any feedback you would be able to share. Many thanks!

https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamonds-search/view_detail/9561290/

LG407963908.PNG
HCA.PNG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Ozzzzzz

You need to look for a stone that scores 2 or less on the HCA (or one that scores slightly over 2 but you can get an Aset or Idealscope image).
So, no this would not be a good one. The crown and pavilion angles are not complimentary.

We have a lab grown diamond forum here. I'll ask admin to move this thread to the Lab forum.

Ozzzzzz

Rough_Rock
Great thanks for the feedback! Whoops, sorry about the post location.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check Rare Caret for the best pricing.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The larger

Ozzzzzz

Rough_Rock
Great thanks. I read on here that an HCA score below 1 is not ideal for a ring. In this case it doesn't matter? So anything below 2 should be a good indication of a diamond not having any cut issues?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thanks. I read on here that an HCA score below 1 is not ideal for a ring. In this case it doesn't matter? So anything below 2 should be a good indication of a diamond not having any cut issues?

HCA score of under 2 (or even under 2.5ish) shows the crown and pavilion angles work well together, so light return and performance should therefore be good.

Scores under 1 can indicate possible risk of obstruction issues, but IIRC that only really happens with small(er) tables and short(er) Lower Girdle Facets, because the 'fat arrows' from the LGFs can take up the entire (small) table, making it look dark when the light is obstructed by the viewer's head because there is no white light return between the arrows.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video looks lovely.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't see the video - looks like the link has gone from the website!

Angles work, as per the HCA score, and it should have a lot of brightness with the angles :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results