shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Reset in Bezel Setting

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Bezel_3.jpg

Recently had my diamond reset in a plain bezel setting with a matching flush sitting wedding band. I worked with Michael Devlin to create this design in 900 Plt. I so prefer it over the 950 Plt. as from my experience the 900 Plt. keeps its polish so much better than the 950 plt. The sides are totally open to let plenty of light in. I wanted a plain setting to showcase the diamond and am so pleased with the results. If you are looking for a designer for very detailed and fine work, I highly recommend Michael Devlin. He does design work from plain and flowing like mine to very intricate and detailed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very pretty and elegant, contemporary set! :love: I also ask for the 900 platinum, and I think you'll be very happy with it since you went with wider bands! I looked back and saw your daughter has an Etienne Peret bezel ring. Looks like you both have similar taste. My daughter and I have very similar sets as well!

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
I had my diamond previously set in swirl type asymmetrical setting also from Michael Devlin.

I helped my son-in-law choose the setting for my daughter's set a few years ago. She wanted something set low and close to the band. And then I liked hers so much that I decided to have my stone reset in a similar setting. Mine is much more simple without the additional scattered diamonds in the bands. Mine although bezel on the top sits quite a bit higher and the flow of the ring is all in one sweep where hers is the bezel set directly on top of the band and the diamond peeks down between. So yes very similar.

My oldest daughter also has her diamond in a bezel setting but her band is really wide and the diamond is totally enclosed in the band except for the top. Hers is pretty unique and then she has a thin band on either side. Her set is very wide.

So I guess we are the bezel girls for sure.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is something that all three of you have similar styles! Please post a hand shot if you get a chance!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a very beautiful set! I love how it looks simultaneously organic and modern - Devlin has a real eye for proportion. Thanks for the recommendation, and for sharing your set. If it's not inconvenient, I'd love to see how the two looked on your hand ....

FairieMoon79

Shiny_Rock
Love the bezel! What size is your diamond?

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love your set so pretty and organic. Yes, please post handshots of it! :bigsmile:

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful set! Michael Devlin created my platinum 900 bezel ring, too. He's great to work with.

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Handshots - man up close shots really show the wrinkles :-o

Photos taken with my iPhone in the dark - gotta love the iPhone.

photo-17.jpg photo-19_1.jpg photo-20_0.jpg

This close up looks like the diamond has some feathering but it must be dirt catching off the light cause the stone is an I Color VS1 Clarity with one tiny imperfection that even the jeweler that did the insurance appraisal couldn't find.

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
fountainfairfax|1329098105|3125029 said:
Congrats on your beautiful set! Michael Devlin created my platinum 900 bezel ring, too. He's great to work with.

I actually think I might have recommended Michael Devlin to you in an earlier thread on this forum. Isn't Michael just the best to work with? He was extremely patient and helpful working through at least 7 versions of this setting (all through e-mail) before we got it exactly perfect. And then the finish of the ring is impeccable. He is an artist and a perfectionist for sure.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very modern and sleek! And it makes you diamond look ginormous!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously :love: your rings!!!!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sleek- love it!!

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments. This forum is great to see all the diamonds and different settings. While I do love the simple flow of my set, I also really like some of the other very detailed settings either with pave or multiple diamonds. I'm also a big fan of OEC diamonds. I also tend to check out the antique shops - never know when you might catch a good deal.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your rings! I would also LOVE to see a photo of your daughters rings with the scattered diamonds. It sounds divine as well!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your setting! Mine is sort of similar but it's a half bezel and thinner. But I absolutely love that look you've got. I have indeed wondered about going full bezel on mine, and yours is making my heart beat faster...I think the look is very, very chic. It makes me think of Paris and elegant black clothes....

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, your set is so sleek and modern. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oooo LaLa. That is my kind of ring set! Fabulous, just fabulous. Congrats! :bigsmile:

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! I *really* love this setting!

How wide are the bands?

~LC

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
librarychickie|1329441638|3127787 said:
Oh my! I *really* love this setting!

How wide are the bands?

~LC

They are each just a tad wider than 4mm.

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Here's my daughter's setting. My son-in-law actually asked for help in choosing a diamond and ring and we had fun figuring it all out and keeping everything secret from her. Not shown in these photos as they were taken before the engagement, but she has a band with the scattered diamonds to match. Her diamond was from GOG and is just over a half carat and the setting is from Etienne Perret.

top%20view%20Quick%20e-mail%20view.jpg halosideview%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
nhwhazup said:
Here's my daughter's setting. My son-in-law actually asked for help in choosing a diamond and ring and we had fun figuring it all out and keeping everything secret from her. Not shown in these photos as they were taken before the engagement, but she has a band with the scattered diamonds to match. Her diamond was from GOG and is just over a half carat and the setting is from Etienne Perret.

top%20view%20Quick%20e-mail%20view.jpg halosideview%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg
lovely!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great in your new setting.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still gorgeous!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks fabulous still! Love the wide bands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results