shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond reflections?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Andy

Rough_Rock
Hi,

after a diamond has been set, would I expect to see a 'reflection'
around the middle of the diamond?

thx
Andy

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of reflection? Are you talking about a round diamond?

Andy

Rough_Rock
ah, yes sorry....

it's a round brilliant, 1.62ct, VVS1 however the color is K which I think was not a very good choice...my 'expert' friend provided advice. However I think from my limited knowledge it was a fairly good cut:

table 62%, crown 13%, girdle-thin-med. facet, culet-none

thanks for the quick respone!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
A horizontal line that runs around the middle of the diamond's pavilion is a reflection of the girdle and is normal. Is this what you are describing?

Andy

Rough_Rock
yes that is what I'm referring to. Thank you.
the above was something I had just purchased. Any feedback on my decision? This was my first purchase however as I'm beginning to get initiated into the world of diamonds, I'm beginning to question my decision/think I could've done better.

Any inputs?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Are you considering returning the diamond? If not, I don't see any need to make yourself nuts about it.

I'm sure the body color must show a bit of yellow tint. To better assess the cut quality of the diamond, you'd need a Sarin report that shows all of the diamond's measurements and/or buy an ideal scope (see the menu bar above) and you will get an idea of the diamond's light performance. Read the tutorial on the site for more information about diamond cut.

Hope that helps you. :)

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
Great Info on this stuff at

goodoldgold.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results