shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

We just purchased a diamond with these specs (IGI and GIA):

Round brilliant
1.62 ct.
depth: 60.7%
table: 56%
girdle: Thin, faceted
culet: none
polish: excellent
symmetry: very good
Clarity: VS1
Color: I
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Pinpoints are not shown. "2000 DE BEERS ACUBENS 1809" is present on the table facet. additional inscription...............H&A.

We purchased the stone for 10600.00. Is this a good deal? And also....what does 2000 De Beers Acubens 1809 mean? We searched all over for it and nothing has popped up on the internet? What do you think the H&A stands for? Do you think this was previously owned and could stand for another couple's initials????????

thanks

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it is a De Beers Millenium diamond that has a speccial inscription etched on the table that can only be seen under a special viewer. They released a smal quantity that were meant to have collectors value, but people did not fall for it and now many dealers are still stuck with them, and sell them without mentioning their heritage because it seems odd that they should have been around so long.
Truth is they were over priced and the market is not stupid. Dealers are selling them off at any price now before the year 2003.

Many were ideal cut. All were said to be. many but not all were.

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
----------------
What do you think the H&A stands for? Do you think this was previously owned and could stand for another couple's initials????????
----------------

It might stand for another couple's initials, if their names were Hearts and Arrows. :cheeky:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
We purchased the stone for 10600.00. Is this a good deal?
----------------
For branded H&A stone the price sounds reasonable.

Mrmarius, ----------------
It might stand for another couple's initials, if their names were Hearts and Arrows. :cheeky:
---------------- Love this one :)

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
If it wasn't a branded H&A stone, do you think the price is still reasonable???

thanks!

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Was "2000 De Beers Acuben" engraved on a table facet? Can they do that? I thought the girdle was the only place they did inscriptions? Is this common? How would one read the inscription? Would most jewelers have the equipment to read inscriptions on girdles and table facets? I need to get the ring resized and I don't want any stones to be switched!

thanks!!!!

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Awesome! I thought it could be that but didn't know that would be inscribed on there. GREAT!

thanks!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Your prices doesn't sound outrageous.

You could probably save a few hundreeds if would buy generic ideal cut stone in the internet.

Check the stone with independent appraiser to be certain :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results