shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Question

diaquest2

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am having a custom ring built by BGD. Below is the style of ring. I am trying to see which diamond i should choose to go with it. I am I'm choosing between the below 4 diamonds(H&A, 1ct, S1, H color). Should i just choose the cheapest of the 4 below, or is there something I should know that seperates them?

http://oscaring.com/rings/micro-pave-cushion-halo-engagement-ring.html

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040376130004
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040399230051
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104050449010
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104051364006

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a pretty setting :sun:

They all look like very nice stones, I can't zoom in on the hearts pic on the 1.023. Nothing in the info we have makes me say this one over the other three. If you aren't sure why not call in and ask BGD which they recommend, and why?

One thing I would recommend considering is seeing if BGD has an in-house setting that you like (the Sarah halo comes to mind) or if they can make an inspired-by, just to avoid dealing with the expense, hassle, and liability issues of using two vendors for stone/setting, if possible. If you adore everything about that particular setting obviously an alternate or inspired by will not work for you, in which case you'll have to get the loose stone appraised and get it insured for shipping/setting, and confirm what you are responsible for re. setting outside stone fees, before having it set.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1309037797|2955002 said:
That's a pretty setting :sun:

They all look like very nice stones, I can't zoom in on the hearts pic on the 1.023. Nothing in the info we have makes me say this one over the other three. If you aren't sure why not call in and ask BGD which they recommend, and why?

One thing I would recommend considering is seeing if BGD has an in-house setting that you like (the Sarah halo comes to mind) or if they can make an inspired-by, just to avoid dealing with the expense, hassle, and liability issues of using two vendors for stone/setting, if possible. If you adore everything about that particular setting obviously an alternate or inspired by will not work for you, in which case you'll have to get the loose stone appraised and get it insured for shipping/setting, and confirm what you are responsible for re. setting outside stone fees, before having it set.

yssie I think the OP is getting BGD to make a custom setting, so everything would be with the same vendor?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow. Way to miss the first thing OP writes :rolleyes: sorry, ignore that last paragraph!

diaquest2

Rough_Rock
The custom setting is not too much more than some of the designs by BGD. The design I chose is a cushion style with a round halo. I have been speaking with BGD and the rep. said they are all beautiful stones and the choice is mine. Just wondering if there is something technical I should be looking for or ask when I speak to them again?

Thanks for the help!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diaquest2|1309040998|2955026 said:
The custom setting is not too much more than some of the designs by BGD. The design I chose is a cushion style with a round halo. I have been speaking with BGD and the rep. said they are all beautiful stones and the choice is mine. Just wondering if there is something technical I should be looking for or ask when I speak to them again?

Thanks for the help!

Not that I can see, given the info we have.
Since we can't all see the stones in-person though there may be other subtleties (visibility of inclusions, etc.) that sway the vote IRL.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
diaquest2|1309040998|2955026 said:

Thanks for the help!

I purchased a diamond from BGD and was considering four diamonds. I called BGD and spoke with Brian. He went over each of the stones with me over the phone and gave the pros and cons of each stone. I ended up selecting a 1.002 G SI2. He said the diamond had amazing clarity for a SI2...when I finally saw the diamond he was right on! When I spoke with him I didn't ask any technical questions, just which diamond was the best value and offered the most 'bang for the buck'.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results