shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond quality help

thetank2

Rough_Rock
image64053.jpg

I recently purchased this diamond. It is a vs2 quality ags ideal f color ideal polish and ideal symmetry . When I bought it to a jewlery store and looked at it under their microscope I thought it looked kind of rough like it was not as good as I thought it was. I'm not sure what this magnification is and if that is normal or not. Does this seem like it might be normal or that it was not right? Or can you even tell from a picture like that. The picture that was posted with it on the website that claimed it was that diamond did not seem to look rough at all.
Thanks

realazy

Rough_Rock
Is the diamond in the picture clean? Can you post the ags report?

thetank2

Rough_Rock
This is the ags report. The diamond was not physically cleaned before being placed under the microscope but does appear eye clean if that is what your asking.

20161111_181313.jpg

realazy

Rough_Rock
Define what you mean rough?

The diamond in the picture looks dirty, like there's some water marks or finger prints. Could that be what you're seeing?

thetank2

Rough_Rock
Yes it definitely could be. To me it looks like the polish is not great but I have never looked at one like this before. I don't know if your not supposed to post websites here but the site I bought it shows the actual diamond and it just looked so much more clean. There was one mark that was visible under the magnification which I believe matches the gsa report as well. Basically i did not know if this is what it would look like from handling it without cleaning it or what.

I assume the diamond looking kinda rough could be skin oils and stuff like that?

realazy

Rough_Rock
Diamonds attract oil and oil attract dust. Just touching it with your bare fingers will change its appearance. I would suggest you have the jeweler clean it well and then handle it with tweezers to look at it in the microscope again before you make judgement.

thetank2

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much. I was not sure if it would have that effect or not. But I guess that's easily explained by how they look cloudy in regular eye vision until cleaned. I was just concerned because I had not seen this under microsopen before. Thanks again, I'll check it again

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I notice the AGS report has 'additional clouds not shown'. The report is only depicting what is visible at 10x magnification, if the microscope is higher than that and very possibly it would be, (ask the jeweller), then it could be showing up those other
clouds. Does the diamond look cloudy in real viewing without magnification, can you see fire and sparkles from all over the
stone, table and under other facets. Look at it especially in sunlight to make sure it does not look hazy from the clouds.

Magnification is not what is seen at all unless maybe once or twice a year unless your fiancé/wife gets addicted to using loupes
over 10x magnification.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results