shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond purchause decision (urgent decision)

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
So I found this two diamond with similar proportion and same hollow cut adviser score of 1.8

1 . Around $ 19700 USD
colour : F
Clarity : VVS2
Size : 1.8 ( 7.70-7.74 x 4.82) ( relatively small for its size )
3 ex none
IMG_7443.jpeg IMG_7444.jpeg

2. around $20600 USD
Colour F
Clarity : VS1( looks very clean except there is a crystal . So I think it is on the good side of VS1)
Size: 1.81ct ( 7.73-7.78 x 4.85)(average for 1.8 ct)
3 ex none
BUT 900$ more expensive

IMG_7445.jpeg

IMG_7446.jpeg
IMG_7447.jpeg
This is 40x scope
So is the 900USD extra worth getting a bigger size diamond but downgrade to clean VS1 ?
The fire and scintillation seems very close with the spec . They both have a hollow cut adviser scored 1.8

Which one would you guys prefer? This has been brothering me for couple days and I can’t decided which one to get please help me guys

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you put these stones on hold and provide the links?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need links to help (videos, etc)

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
here is a picture of the first (1.)diamond i got from the local store 8a07241e-7577-4dec-b82e-71b704ad820d.jpeg

Personally i kinda prefer a bigger size diamond on jamesallen if the crystal isnt a issue affecting its shininess. Is it good to see some sort of arrow image in the second diamond?

REALLY appreciate it if you guys can give me some advice to how good the diamond is . Thankyou

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really like the JA one, unfortunately. What's your budget?

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
We need links to help (videos, etc)

hi, i have put the diamond on hold . but the first one is from local store so that there is no online picture for it .
here is the link for the second diamond

please help me out with some insight. Im new to this area .Thankyou

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
I don't really like the JA one, unfortunately. What's your budget?

My budget is around 20000USD, F vs1/vvs2 3ex none can you please tell me something about why this diamond isn’t a good choice so that I can learn from it

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My budget is around 20000USD, F vs1/vvs2 3ex none can you please tell me something about why this diamond isn’t a good choice so that I can learn from it

How big do you want to go? In terms of why I don't like it, the cut precision isn't as exact as we usually prefer

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
How big do you want to go? In terms of why I don't like it, the cut precision isn't as exact as we usually prefer

1.8 ct . I found it very difficult to find one within the ideal proportion in both online store and local store. These two are consider relatively close the those figures

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one much better than the one you posted.

If I were you, I would expand to VS2 clarity and anything with "med" fluor or less as it will give more options.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock

If I were you, I would expand to VS2 clarity and anything with "med" fluor or less as it will give more options.

Thank you for your advise . The local store just sent me another report . Seems this one fit into the ideal proportion range.
How do you think of this one ?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chung ka ming, if you want to stick to F and higher clarity, I would 100% go for this stone over the ones you posted.

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
chung ka ming, if you want to stick to F and higher clarity, I would 100% go for this stone over the ones you posted.
Will the black spot will noticeable and negatively affect the shininess with this diamond ? I did consider this diamond. But the black spot looks big and it scare me away

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
We need video or pics. Ranges alone don't tell the whole story due to rounding of numbers

Thank you for your insight . I will look for more diamond to compare with it seems heart and arrow diamond is hard to come by.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will the black spot will noticeable and negatively affect the shininess with this diamond ? I did consider this diamond. But the black spot looks big and it scare me away

Yeah with a VS2 you are usually safe for eye clean but for 20k I don’t think I would like an inclusion under the table like that either.

I hope you can see the patterning of the cut in the stones people have recommended? The way the arrows are very precise and the faceting super symmetric? Those are aspects of cut quality to look for in photos or in person, along with the GIA report and the cut adviser score, to help you pick a diamond that will look good in all lighting and really sparkle like mad.

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
Yeah with a VS2 you are usually safe for eye clean but for 20k I don’t think I would like an inclusion under the table like that either.

I hope you can see the patterning of the cut in the stones people have recommended? The way the arrows are very precise and the faceting super symmetric? Those are aspects of cut quality to look for in photos or in person, along with the GIA report and the cut adviser score, to help you pick a diamond that will look good in all lighting and really sparkle like mad.

Thanks to the advice from this forum . I think the heart and arrow diamond is very attractive and it is confident that it perform best with light performance . Even with the concentrated inclusion with the 1.74ct diamond, it is classified as VS1.

How do you think the black spot with this diamond in naked eyes ? It is a very difficult choice . Shininess is the most important factor for a diamond. But if people can notice the black spot , my wife wouldn’t like it

I think that the 1.74 ct diamond table size a around the same the the first diamond I was consider which is around 7.70-7.74 size

Now the consideration is heavily base on how the black spot affect the visual and the performance of the diamond. I think the diamond would be much more expensive if the inclusion is more dispersed

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your advise . The local store just sent me another report . Seems this one fit into the ideal proportion range.
How do you think of this one ?

You actually have me some very very good insight with the purchase. This one looks great without question except for the inclusion . How do you think of the inclusion in naked eyes ?since It concentrated in one spot

chung ka ming

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs
Hi , great suggestion from you, I understand that there is nothing call near heart and arrow from the internet
when i look closer to this diamond , i found the inclusion in one spot is in two level , can you tell me will it be visible ?

Really appreciate your insight . Would be helpful to make decision with you expert 740f50cfe33bad2da518d62d12559003.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, chung ka ming!
Is 1.70ct at 7.6mm too small - it's priced around USD$16000

Screenshot_20240309-075910-418.png

Screenshot_20240309-075945-218.png

Screenshot_20240309-075803-312.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks to the advice from this forum . I think the heart and arrow diamond is very attractive and it is confident that it perform best with light performance . Even with the concentrated inclusion with the 1.74ct diamond, it is classified as VS1.

How do you think the black spot with this diamond in naked eyes ? It is a very difficult choice . Shininess is the most important factor for a diamond. But if people can notice the black spot , my wife wouldn’t like it

I think that the 1.74 ct diamond table size a around the same the the first diamond I was consider which is around 7.70-7.74 size

Now the consideration is heavily base on how the black spot affect the visual and the performance of the diamond. I think the diamond would be much more expensive if the inclusion is more dispersed

VS1 honestly there is no way you can see that inclusion with the naked eye! I’ve had VS1 diamonds and you can’t even find inclusions with the loupe unless you are experienced!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results