shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond purchasing virgin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 9:13:09 AM
Author: Stone-cold11

Date: 1/29/2009 8:36:49 AM
Author: teddy006
aww man, i'm finally almost ready to make the purchase and now it says 'This diamond is not available for purchase.' does that mean it was sold? can anyone help me to find a similar one? all of the other ones on that site seem to only have GIA reports.
http://www.bluenile.ca/princess-cut-diamond-1-carat-or-less-very-good-cut-g-colour-vs2-clarity_LD01332359?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0#grading_report

Also a H VS2 http://www.bluenile.ca/princess-cut-diamond-1-carat-or-less-very-good-cut-h-colour-vs2-clarity_LD00368485?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0
This one must be a BN typo, or for some reason they refer to AGS0 as VG I have seen it before, same with the last one the poster wanted.

Teddy, do you still prefer to buy from BN? It is up to you of course, but personally I really believe it is best to have images of fancy shapes such as Princess, as even with what should be a well cut diamond you have no way of knowing until you open the box. With BN you can always send it back of course but it depends on your comfort level and time available.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 9:18:02 AM
Author: Lorelei

This one must be a BN typo, or for some reason they refer to AGS0 as VG I have seen it before, same with the last one the poster wanted.

I think, to BN there is only their signature ideal and the next cut grade is VG, so an AGS0 that is not their signature ideal will at best get a VG grade.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 9:39:21 AM

I think, to BN there is only their signature ideal and the next cut grade is VG, so an AGS0 that is not their signature ideal will at best get a VG grade.
No, their cut grades are signature ideal, ideal, very good, good, and fair.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 10:16:01 AM
Author: :)

Date: 1/29/2009 9:39:21 AM

Thanks sweets
35.gif
, I didn''t think the above was correct on how BN cut grading worked somehow.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Nope. Go and search for just princess cut and the only cut grades to available to me are SI, VG, G and F.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 10:20:59 AM

Nope. Go and search for just princess cut and the only cut grades to available to me are SI, VG, G and F.
Yes with Princess, not with rounds to clarify.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since we are trying to find a princess cut for teddy006, I assume we are only talking about AGS0 princess cut here.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 10:32:33 AM
Since we are trying to find a princess cut for teddy006, I assume we are only talking about AGS0 princess cut here.
I assumed you meant BN cut grading in general.

teddy006

Rough_Rock
wow! unfortunately i don''t have access to the HPD site here at work, but i''ll have a look at those links tonight when i get home. i''ve been doing most of my research here at work and BN is one of the few sites that i''ve been able to get on here which is why most of the rocks i''m interested in are coming from there. i''ll take some time tonight though and check out HPD. thanks a bunch guys!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 11:37:18 AM
wow! unfortunately i don't have access to the HPD site here at work, but i'll have a look at those links tonight when i get home. i've been doing most of my research here at work and BN is one of the few sites that i've been able to get on here which is why most of the rocks i'm interested in are coming from there. i'll take some time tonight though and check out HPD. thanks a bunch guys!
Most welcome Ted! I really think you will have a much better idea of what you are buying working with HPD and looking at their Infinity, like I said it is really best in my opinion to have images and detailed info when buying a fancy shape such as Princess even with a top cut grade, personally I wouldn't want to buy without images and photos, but thats me.

teddy006

Rough_Rock
so i ran home at lunch because i had to see this site and these diamonds. seems like a great site! i wasn''t able to find settings though. i presume HPD would do settings as well. do you need to have the diamond before choosing the setting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 1:26:16 PM
so i ran home at lunch because i had to see this site and these diamonds. seems like a great site! i wasn't able to find settings though. i presume HPD would do settings as well. do you need to have the diamond before choosing the setting?
Teddy, Wink who is the vendor at HPD is a wonderful chap and expert, HPD is his new website, at the moment you can find settings at his original website Winfields/ Wink Jones here - http://winkjones.com/store/index.php - he does some gorgeous settings and should easily be able to come up with what you want!

So basically Wink Jones and HPD are one and the same right now!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is not frowned upon, but it is much easier to have them both from the same place as the jeweler who sells you the diamond will insure the diamond against damage during the setting process whereas another jeweler who did not sell you the diamond will probably not take that responsibility. That setting is very pretty and also very simple to make. My bes tadvice would be to locate the diamond you want from a trusted vendor and THEN figure out how to get the setting you want. Wink, for example, works with a very good benchman and could probably make you a setting just like that BN one. Or he may have a setting not on the website that would be equally pleasing to you. Whitflash also sells AGS0 princess cuts, and they have some really really gorgeous settings, so you can also try them.

ETA Here are some examples from whiteflash that look a lot like the BN one but will probably be a lot nicer since whiteflash has amazing quality in their settings (I own one and have never seen better craftsmanship personally):

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Rounded-Open-Cathedral-Engagement-Ring_1352.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Flush-Fit--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1063.htm

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 10:31:06 PM
is it frowned upon to get a setting from a different place than you get a diamond? i still absolutely love the setting from BN (http://www.bluenile.ca/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-platinum_337?metal_filter=platinum&setting_filter=sidestone&sort_select=LTHP&set_shape) and can''t seem to find a comparable one on Wink''s site.

Just give Wink a call. He is an authorized dealer for a number of settings manufacturer and he probably would be able to obtain the BN setting or suggest something similar to it. You will save a little on buying of setting insurance too that way.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 10:51:46 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
It is not frowned upon, but it is much easier to have them both from the same place as the jeweler who sells you the diamond will insure the diamond against damage during the setting process whereas another jeweler who did not sell you the diamond will probably not take that responsibility. That setting is very pretty and also very simple to make. My bes tadvice would be to locate the diamond you want from a trusted vendor and THEN figure out how to get the setting you want. Wink, for example, works with a very good benchman and could probably make you a setting just like that BN one. Or he may have a setting not on the website that would be equally pleasing to you. Whitflash also sells AGS0 princess cuts, and they have some really really gorgeous settings, so you can also try them.

ETA Here are some examples from whiteflash that look a lot like the BN one but will probably be a lot nicer since whiteflash has amazing quality in their settings (I own one and have never seen better craftsmanship personally):

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Rounded-Open-Cathedral-Engagement-Ring_1352.htm#

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Flush-Fit--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1063.htm
Ditto Ted. Wink is also a wonderful chap whom you will enjoy speaking with, and he will be able to advise you.

teddy006

Rough_Rock
are the whiteflash prices CAD or USD?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 9:59:19 PM
are the whiteflash prices CAD or USD?
USD Ted to the best of my knowledge.

teddy006

Rough_Rock
i was afraid of that! it was slightly less expensive than BN, but with that i think it''ll be more expensive. i don''t want to skimp out on this purchase obviously, but money is tight so that''s obviously a big concern too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 11:25:05 AM
i was afraid of that! it was slightly less expensive than BN, but with that i think it''ll be more expensive. i don''t want to skimp out on this purchase obviously, but money is tight so that''s obviously a big concern too!
I''m sorry Teddy.
15.gif

teddy006

Rough_Rock
it''s alright, the search is far from over! there are plenty of diamonds out there that are in my price range and very beautiful ... the hunt continues on!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 11:39:00 AM
it''s alright, the search is far from over! there are plenty of diamonds out there that are in my price range and very beautiful ... the hunt continues on!
Absolutely!! We just haven''t found THE ONE yet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results