shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Purchase - Inputs required

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smitak12

Rough_Rock
Hello,

This is my first time buying a diamond ring. I dont want to spend too much but wanted to get something that I like. I am considering a princess cut diamond with AGS certification. On pricescope search I came across this one. what are your opinions?

http://www.whiteflash.com/xfactor/X-Factor-cut-diamond-37.htm

Is this still considered a a princess cut? It came up on search from pricescope for prices

other suggestions? My budget is about 2k with the setting and I am looking for something above 0.5 Ct. That has lot of sparkle and looks good.

Thanks in advance
Smita

:)

Brilliant_Rock
The corners on the X factor are cut off as opposed to a traditional princess which has pointy corners - traditional princess stones are a little riskier to chip corners. I can''t get the link on the website to work for some reason to look at the AGS report, can''t look at the IS or ASET either. I would be a bit concerned about the girdle being too thin on this one - you would need to ask about that.

smitak12

Rough_Rock
i am open on the color as long the its not noticeable as far as sparkle is concered. The more choices the better and ofcourse the bigger the better as long as its looks great. I think the term is "eye clean"? correct. Also about the girdle being thin. How does it impact? So are the x-factor better than traditional because of the fact that they are less prone to chipping?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A thin girdle is fine, but this one is at least partly very thin. You''d need to call WF and ask how much of it is very thin. And of course it depends on what kind of setting you''re planning on whether it would matter. I love the X-factor much more than princess, and I think it would be beautiful in a halo setting which would maximize the size!

smitak12

Rough_Rock
Thanks.. I will was WF about it..... Any more suggestions on the stones....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results