shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond purchase in Ontario

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by mcmugle, Aug 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. mcmugle
    Rough_Rock

by mcmugle » Aug 11, 2001
    Hi, does anyone know about the tax matter when purchasing the diamond from US and ship it to Canada? Do I have to pay both canada and us taxes?

2. mcmugle
    Rough_Rock

thank you for your quick response. Wow.. It is a lot of money even though I could find a cheap diamond on the web.

3. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Aug 11, 2001
    Yeah... this is what you should pay as a good Canadian and Ontario residenet... [​IMG]

4. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

5. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Aug 11, 2001
    Hi McMugle,According to Canada Customs & Revenue Agency (CCRA) you will be charged for a loose diamond from the US:10% excise tax on the price of the stone, translated into Canadian dollars;The excise tax then gets added to the base value of the stone for purposes of calculating GST = 7%;Plus Ontario PST = 8% :(1.07 + 1.08) x 1.10 x CAD $Priceor 1.265 x CAD $PriceYou should not pay US taxes though [​IMG]

6. mcmugle
    Rough_Rock

so, is everyone has to pay for that 10% excise tax? even though the wholesales or retailer? What if I buy the diamond under my company account?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.