Attachments

• IMG_6393.png
    IMG_6393.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need the magnified 360 video to evaluate further. Can you put it on hold and share the report number?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I know technically a 33.5 crown angle isn't recommended, but that stone sure looks pretty on the video!

(But I'm *not* an expert, so take this with a tablespoon of salt. I was just excited by the video :lol:)

braydbraywilli

Rough_Rock
I know technically a 33.5 crown angle isn't recommended, but that stone sure looks pretty on the video!

(But I'm *not* an expert, so take this with a tablespoon of salt. I was just excited by the video :lol:)

I thought so too. I have been down a research rabbit hole the past couple days after learning the importance of crown angle, table depth, and pavalion angle. I know the calculations aren’t 100% due to rounding and I thought this would be on the safer side due to the hearts and arrow grade. Thanks for the input!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I think the cut is fine based on the video, but the CVD material is questionable. Not sure if it’s the video setup or the graining/straining making the face up a bit blurry. I think there are safer options for the price.

For example

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I thought the video was simply out of focus? Like the focal depth was off. But maybe it’s the material?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...ake-vvs2-clarity-igi-certified-SKU-LG22245903

I think this is more favorable in proportions. I am planning on purchasing this stone and believe the video looks better.

I like this a lot better than the previous stone.

if you're still open to suggestions, here's one with slightly better cut precision.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@kim N’s 3.74 has less pavilion twist and more edge to edge brightness. But your second choice is definitely a good cut, too.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Another option with GIA/AGS reports

braydbraywilli

Rough_Rock
I like this a lot better than the previous stone.

if you're still open to suggestions, here's one with slightly better cut precision.

Thank you for the recommendation. I thought 58% tables weren’t ideal though? Is that not true?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Tables of 55-58 are within recommended PS proportions. And remember that the whole conglomeration of angles needs to work together. That’s why we don’t just go by the numbers of a certificate. @kim N’s pick is a really great stone.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the recommendation. I thought 58% tables weren’t ideal though? Is that not true?

+1 to 0515vision. 55-58% is definitely considered ideal, and we use all the proportions along with the magnified video and light return images (when available) to evaluate a stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results