shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond profit % - Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stang67

Rough_Rock
Okay, I know everyone isn't going to tell me what % profit they make when selling diamonds. But I was wondering if someone could tell me if the ballpark is close.
My question is this: there is a local (independant non maul) jewler that says they never sell their diamonds at a profit of more than 33%. They even write on your recipt what the diamond cost them. Is this on-par with what online vendors are selling at or is online even better.
The reason for asking is it is a little out of my way to get there, so I have not gone and seen prices/quality of stones. But I would like to know if it might be worth my trip. I am looking at around 0.60 ct round f-h, vs1-si1 diamond. I have looked at goodoldgold and superbcert and whiteflash and have come to the conclusion that a nice stone of this size will be in the $2000 range +/- a couple hundred. So if they are inline with these prices I should be ok as long as they have the documentation to back up the stone correct?
Thanks

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don't think your local (independant non maul) jewler is going to be able to match the quality cut or the price of any of the three on-line vendors that you mentioned. You might give the guy a call without telling him about your internet connections and tell him exactly what you want including the AGS cert with H&A and see what he can come with and what price.
Let us know what he says.

stang67

Rough_Rock
You know what, with this age of computers and email ect ect. I completly forgot about calling! Thanks! Sometimes it is the simplest things!

barry

Shiny_Rock
Up to 33% profit for diamond internet vendors...??

We can dream, can't we?

Barry
www.superbcert.com

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A 33% profit it would seem
That would be just a dream.
Profit is just the cream.
Lets all raise our prices team
And see what happens to the dream team

You can all take a shot at me now. This is my first attempt at a poem.
Have a nice day.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
DB;
Now, you're a talented artist!
2.gif
9.gif

BTW, I agree with you 100% on the profit question!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
33% ... I'd be retired by now! :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results