shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pricing.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bulldogmama

Rough_Rock
I am new to this site as a member but I have read a lot on here in the past. I am in the works of looking into purchasing a ring. Not sure on where pricing is at the moment becuase of everywhere I look it is all so different. I have looked at the suggested sites as well and there is a lot of variances in price.

I am specifically looking at a ring that is 2.76 cts Princess EGL certified J / VS2 Excellent Semmetry and Polish Depth of 72% and Table of 75%

Can anyone help me here at what something like this would be price wise......high or low or both!! Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 1:02:53 AM
Author:bulldogmama
I am new to this site as a member but I have read a lot on here in the past. I am in the works of looking into purchasing a ring. Not sure on where pricing is at the moment becuase of everywhere I look it is all so different. I have looked at the suggested sites as well and there is a lot of variances in price.

I am specifically looking at a ring that is 2.76 cts Princess EGL certified J / VS2 Excellent Semmetry and Polish Depth of 72% and Table of 75%

Can anyone help me here at what something like this would be price wise......high or low or both!! Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!
Hi BDM!

You are a bulldog mama?? One of my fave breeds!!!

Onto diamonds, it is very hard to give you info on pricing, EGL can vary considerably...Also is the diamond for sale with an online vendor or store jeweller? This can affect price too. Do you know which EGL lab graded this diamond such as EGL USA, Israel etc? Although numbers don't tell the whole story, let alone just depth and table, usually it is preferable to have the table in Princess to be less than the depth. To give you any meaningful info on the cut quality we really need images such as ASET and detailed photographs. You can compare pricing using the search tool Pricescope your Diamond at the top.

What I would recommend you do if you have seen this diamond and like it, if there is a Jareds near you, ask to see their AGS0 Princess so you can compare the above diamond to ones of pretty much known cut quality. If you still like it then make any sale final and get it in writing, that the diamond checks out to your satisfaction in all aspects with an independant appraisal. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Have you looked at any GIA or AGS graded Princess?

bulldogmama

Rough_Rock
Yes Lorelei I am a proud Bulldog Mama. They are the best!!

The diamond is EGL cert in the USA and it is online so I have yet to see it in person. But not quite possible to do that either being that it is on the otherside of the contry!! Just trying to understand what is a ballpark in pricing. It just veries so much.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ditto Lorelei- the EGL report makes a much larger degree of uncertainty regarding the price.
I'll ballpark it at $9k on the low side, and $14 on the high side.
What's really important, from my point of view, is that the seller is up front about EGL, and the reason this stone has a report which is not accepted by other dealers.The EGL report by no means makes it a bad diamond- but the way it's presented has a lot to do with the quality of the offering.

Also a great idea to look at some stones in person to get a frame of reference.....
Do you have a photo of the 2.76ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results