shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond pricing question??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lisa616

Rough_Rock
I posted a few days ago and got great feedback, so thank you! I have just one more question..I am looking at a 5 stone diamond anniv. ring. The stones are .4 ea.(2 carats total weight) VS1, G. The price is $7200.00 We decided to price out the same ring increasing the stone to .5 ea. with a total weight of 2.5 carats and price went up to $11,000. Both rings are set in raised shared prongs in platinum. Does the price increase seem fair? I couldn''t believe how much more it was. The jeweler, who is local and been around forever says that there is a large price jump when you go up to a half a carat. Any opinions out there?? I really do want to work with this jeweler and we may very well stay with the 2 carats..I just thought maybe a little more oomph couldn''t hurt! Thanks for any input..I''d appreciate any comments! Thanks!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Basically, your jeweler is correct...jumps in pricing occur at every 1/2ct. wt. increase and even at 1/4ct. intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results