shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamonddz

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone I am a newbie and would like some advice about the price issue. I am very glad to note that diamonds listed on PS is offered at a better price than the price offered by vendors independantly. My question is, how do I approach the vendors on giving me the same price that I have seen on PS

Honestly, I am working on a tight budget and PS seems to offer the solution to this issue so I am totally hoping for guidance on how I can get the same price offered on PS.

Thanks in advance
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

I think you would need to ask the individual vendor as to any discount and I believe in some instances there may be a discount for paying with a bank wire. I believe that for those who do offer a discount, you need to mention Pricescope to get it, but I am not sure if all PS vendors offer a reduction.

I see there are some PSers here now who may be able to offer better info on this for you!

diamonddz

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Thanks for the info. Working with a very tight budget is a tragedy. Esp after browsing through all these lovely sparklers up for grabs
7.gif
My budget is around $500-$600 for a 0.3ct Asscher cut diamond. Not very particular about color as long as the symmetry is good and it is eye clean. Fingers crossed
5.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Are you asking about how to approach online vendors about matching PS-listed prices or asking local jewelers or other brick-and-mortar establishments to match PS-listed prices?

ETA: I would read some of the threads on flourescence -- if you go to a lower color grade sometimes flour can help make a stone face up whiter. I would also read some of the threads about step-cut stones showing their color more strongly and face-up size. It all depends on what you see as getting the most for your money -- is shape more important than how large the stone appears? There are also some good threads on finding a setting to maximize a smaller stone. There are some "show me the ring" threads asking to see stones at various sizes that can help you get an idea of what to look for in a setting.

diamonddz

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am interested in purchasing the diamond online. It seems a cheaper option to do so because I have been to a couple of b&m and found that their prices are more expensive than what I have seen online even without the discounts. Please, please share with me on how to approach the online vendors about this. Thanks very much!
16.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Loreli answered this above for those stones listed by PS vendors. If you''re talking about trying to get one online vendor to match a price from a different online vendor, I''m not sure how far you''re going to get, but you can try calling customer service. Personally, for an online purchase, I''d stick with using the PS/bankwire discount with a trusted PS vendor.

diamonddz

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am actually thinking of getting the diamond from the same vendor listed on PS offering the diamond. I agree that the best thing to do is to contact the customer service to find out more. I am very much interested in WhiteFlash. They have the most promising diamonds with the most reasonable price so far. Thanks for your input!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2008 12:50:01 PM
Author: diamonddz
Hi, I am actually thinking of getting the diamond from the same vendor listed on PS offering the diamond. I agree that the best thing to do is to contact the customer service to find out more. I am very much interested in WhiteFlash. They have the most promising diamonds with the most reasonable price so far. Thanks for your input!
Thanks En!

Diamonddz, I would definitely recommend you contact Whiteflash, tell them your budget and what you are looking for and let them guide you. You can also check with them regarding any discounts, I know they will be pleased to advise you!

diamonddz

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei. That''s great. I think I wil do just that. Hopefully there is something out there for me. I am totally going to sent out a big love to everyone who has replied to this post! I have definitely come to the right place. Before this, I was absolutely clueless about diamonds. Cheers everyone! Please do share if there is more tips that can be gained. Wish me luck!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results