shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mygo21

Rough_Rock
Help, brought .93 ct e vvs1 E diamond. Did Ipay too much. $9600 in a graet 18kt setting. Everyone goes wow,but did I pay too much. I love diamonds and now have the funds to buy what I want.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Mygo, there's several different market levels involved in the sale of a diamond. The price will vary at each of these levels, usually according to the overhead of the dealer selling the diamond.

Internet dealers tend to have lower overhead than "bricks & mortar" dealers, hence they tend to sell for less. Bricks & mortar dealers will also vary in their selling prices, according to the overhead they're dealing with. A mall store, for example, has a much higher overhead than say a strip plaza store, or a "second story" operation.

The price you paid is fair for a bricks and mortar operation with a moderate to significant overhead to cover. You could probably have purchased it for less on the internet, but often there are benefits from a local bricks & mortar purchase.

I suggest you just keep studying the market, and be that much smarter for your next purchase. This forum is probably the one of the best places you could get that education.

mygo21

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. After buying this ring I have studied the internet prices, but as you are aware the minute you inquire about an E VVS1 diamond there appear to be non to few available. The quality of the stone is really breathtaking and while I might have done better here in the USA, we pay for what we want when we want it. I will be buying more diamonds in the near future. I really wanta 1 to 2 caret emerald cut stone. Your advise about educating myself and shopping both B&M and internet is greatly appreciated. Again Thank You
Jerry Horan

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you've got the right attitude, Mygo. Money comes and goes, but an attitude like that is worth gold.

A good site for emerald cut stats is Dave Atlas' AGA Cut Class categories, at http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very, very, very well said Jerry!!!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Hi,
If E. stands for ec. diamond than you over paid by almost double!!I see them from approx.$4000-$4800
I would have gotten a bigger stone for the money you spent.

You have a good attitude, But... your question relates to money!
9.gif

You should "shop and compare"the internet and see who gives you the best deal for your buck.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results