shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond prices increase around Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lenore80

Rough_Rock
I am curious...do prices of diamonds increase around Christmas or Valentine''s Day? I am looking at on-line dealers, btw.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this was asked around the same time last year....I think the consensus was along the lines of 'not really'...esp for online vendors. Offline, yes definitely I would think....or more 'deals' pop up that are not really deals at all!
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually I've gotten word from more than one H&A supplier that prices are going up but not becuase of what time of the year it is. Only because of the rarity and demand of rough.

On another note there are many stores that markup their jewelry & diamonds HIGHER because of the season. Most of us here online don't do that though.

Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...43% of sales in the 4th quarter..that's insane!
6.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, Rap prices http://www.niceice.com/raptrap.htm did increase a smidge last week here and there throughout the various weight categories. It is likely to be the first of many increases throughout the holiday season. Historically there are always a series of price increases through the holiday and peak seasons and to answer your next question, 'No they don't go back down after the season ends...'

It should be noted that there were not substantial price increases last year or the year before as a result of the events of 9/11 and Enron, etc. but this year appears to be moving forward on a more normal trend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results