Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond prices are sure skyrocketing!

lindacat

Rough_Rock
I bought an antique diamond ring from Israel Rose in New York about 2 weeks ago. At the time, I had several that I was looking at and trying to decide on, so I had printed out the pictures and prices from the website.
I was on his website just last night, and was looking at the ones that I did not pick, and he had increased the prices on all of his items by anywhere from $800-$1200 (price range was 7000-8000 originally). I am glad that I got mine 2 weeks ago - saved myseld a grand or so. I guess the prices really are going up on antique diamonds, and not just the new ones. The ring I got is shown next to my name - it is an 1.26 Old Eurpoean cut center stone that I am thrilled with. Love the old rings! Unfortunately my camera does not take good pictures so I can't get any more.
Anyway, has anyone else noticed the price increases this drastically?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes. I was in the NYC diamond district on Fri June 17 and all the dealers told me Rap had just went up (I think 4%) on rounds that day. Luckily, everyone promised me "old" pricing on the stones I was already interested in. But these crazy increases are a big part of the reason I need to choose *now*. I feel even "now" is late - I started looking in late March, and prices have went up noticeably twice since then (that I'm aware of). I want to cry when I think about what pricing must have been like in Dec or Jan (before we had our upgrade money, lol).

Anne

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.