shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nihiladrem

Rough_Rock
When the HCA tells you that a diamond is good if the price is right, that is a start. I am a complete novice however (a week ago I couldn''t have named the four C''s) so I was wondering if one of the more knowledgeble people on this site would provide some insite about the diamond below and maybe where I could obtain more knowledge about pricing in general.

.398 carat VS2 H
Depth 60.9
Table 56
Crown 34.7
Pavilion 41.2
4.77-4.78x2.91

polish/sym. id/id
medium flourecence

cost $856

BTW, thanks to all the industry posters and knowlegable amatures who post on this site. My education over the past week would not have been possible without you.

Thanks,
Warren

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Here is how I've checked price.

If you found it through the search by cut link, expand your search a bit to see if the price makes sense compared to higher and lower color stones or those with close clarity grades.

Use the price stats link
You can't check vs. similar HCA rating but it helps compare with similar clarity, color and carat. a 1A cut H, VS2, .38-.45C is going for $2.1k/carat

Then, visit a couple vendor sites to see what they offer in similar diamonds. Blue Nile and White Flash are easy to use for searching.

I also used a spreadsheet. One calc I liked was dividing the price by the ave diameter to get the $/mm. Assuming you are comparing similar stones, this helped me see the cost in the size measurement that people see. A well cut stone looks good this way even if the $/carat is high.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results