shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Price Report Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EH

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this board, as will be evident by reading my naive question.

I''m looking at a 1.5 carat F/SI1 round cut for $6000 and was looking at the price report and the average $/carat for such a diamond was $6884 per carat. But when looking at the lowest $/carat the amount was $2320/carat. Why the huge discrepancy? I printed out the list in June and lowest $/carat was $5763 for F/SI1 (1.50-1.99 cts). Huge increase in supply? Should I let the the $2320 number affect my purchase decision.

I realize there are dozens of other things (table, depth, certifications, etc.) that should go into the decision-making process.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Which price report are you referring to? There are quite a few. They can also be very tricky for non-tradespeople to interpret.

EH

Rough_Rock
The "price stats" link at the top of this page.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if or why or how often it happens, but when I look things up by price it seems like a stone or two will be way way low (or high). I always dismissed it as a "misprint" or a simple case of bad data entry. I've noticed this a handful of times. In your case, it may throw off the apparent high or low $$/ct price.

Maybe leonid can comment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results