shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pick Feedback

dynasty4910

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

Decided that I'll be popping the big question in July when my girlfriend and I go away on vacation (I know I'm early). I began some light research in January and continued for the last few months until about a month ago when I began making visits. I live in NYC so I wen't to a few jewelers in the Diamond District including Jangmi, R&R and Ultimate Diamonds. As I saw more and more my budget steadily increased lol. After listening to a lot of different opinions and seeing many diamonds, I settled on this one below from Jangmi. It scored a 1.7 on the HCA scale which I believe was the difference maker. The way it sparkled in natural light made me giggle and was just clearly a notch up from everything else I saw. I put a deposit down to hold the diamond, price is $11,900. Unfortunately I don't have any closeups at the moment, only this short video I took. How do you think I did?
hXIUUCA4R3CFUz8fGlAMUg.jpg

Attachments

• Forever.pdf
    694.7 KB · Views: 54

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone,

Decided that I'll be popping the big question in July when my girlfriend and I go away on vacation (I know I'm early). I began some light research in January and continued for the last few months until about a month ago when I began making visits. I live in NYC so I wen't to a few jewelers in the Diamond District including Jangmi, R&R and Ultimate Diamonds. As I saw more and more my budget steadily increased lol. After listening to a lot of different opinions and seeing many diamonds, I settled on this one below from Jangmi. It scored a 1.7 on the HCA scale which I believe was the difference maker. The way it sparkled in natural light made me giggle and was just clearly a notch up from everything else I saw. I put a deposit down to hold the diamond, price is $11,900. Unfortunately I don't have any closeups at the moment, only this short video I took. How do you think I did?

It looks smashing, well done! Gorgeous ring and a beautiful stone, you did amazingly well!:appl:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei, the wait might kill me more than her

Lol let's hope not! It's going to be hard keeping it quiet though with that beauty!

dynasty4910

Rough_Rock
Lol let's hope not! It's going to be hard keeping it quiet though with that beauty!

Any feedback on price? I looked at a few sites to try to find similar stones but many had much higher HCA scores so seemed like I wasn't exactly comparing apple to apple.

dynasty4910

Rough_Rock
The price seems a bit on the high side, but not outrageously so. Check out the price tool at the top of this page to compare.

Here is a diamond with almost identical stats from Whiteflash for $10K

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3976402.htm

Awesome, thanks. Once i checked no fluoresce and saw some of the results on white flash, I felt pretty good about the price. Nothing matches identical of course but those that are closest were slightly more.

appl3

Rough_Rock
Hi, how was your experience like at Ultimate and JangMi? Did you go to ID Jewelry as well? Jangmi is highly rated on Yelp but not talked about too much here on Price Scope..

Hello everyone,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results