shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond pendant or .....

3Guapas

Rough_Rock
Hello, I need some help. I have enough money to buy either a 1ct. diamond pendant or a 1 ct. Alexandrite stone and get it set in a ring. I am really struggling on what I should buy. I like them both. I am very simple with the jewelry I wear. I have a beautiful pink sapphire engagement ring and a few other diamond rings. I have some nice pairs of diamond earrings to round out my collection.

So does anyone have opinions on my dilemma?

Thank you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I like diamonds because they match everything clothes-wise. For me, colored stones can only be worn with clothes that match
their color so it limits their wear. I vote diamond ring if you don't have one already. However, if you're into uniqueness then the
Alexandrite might be your choice. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the color of Alexandrite. Always looks like a muddy in-between
color to me. I am biased though...you need to figure out what you like though!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on your objective. An alexandrite is a serious collectors stone with a lot of fakes to avoid. I would never buy one that was not certed by AGL or GIA. Buy the right stone and you will spend a lot but have a chance of getting your money back plus years from now. I like those kind of things, but also enjoy the hunt. I haven’t focused on alexandrite personally because I prefer colors of other stones more, but I do anticipate buying one someday to round out my collection.

If that’s what you’re considering, please post a thread so we can cheer you on!

3Guapas

Rough_Rock
Depends on your objective. An alexandrite is a serious collectors stone with a lot of fakes to avoid. I would never buy one that was not certed by AGL or GIA. Buy the right stone and you will spend a lot but have a chance of getting your money back plus years from now. I like those kind of things, but also enjoy the hunt. I haven’t focused on alexandrite personally because I prefer colors of other stones more, but I do anticipate buying one someday to round out my collection.

If that’s what you’re considering, please post a thread so we can cheer you on!

Thank you. I have found one that I love with a GIA certificate. I just cannot afford the really expensive ones from Brazil, but the one I have my eye on is very nice. I will post if I choose to purchase with the setting.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the alexandrite because diamonds are comparatively a dime a dozen. Everyone has a diamond! Alexandrites are far more interesting.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Unless I am a serious collector of alexandrite, I may still choose a well cut 1ct diamond. The colour, on both end of their colour change, even the rare fine ones, just doesn’t speak to me.

A well cut diamond will definitely perform. Or a antique cut diamond for more uniqueness~

I am on the other hand interested in your pink sapphire ering though:) And am open to options of other colour stones~

Just my view of cox~

3Guapas

Rough_Rock
B
Unless I am a serious collector of alexandrite, I may still choose a well cut 1ct diamond. The colour, on both end of their colour change, even the rare fine ones, just doesn’t speak to me.

A well cut diamond will definitely perform. Or a antique cut diamond for more uniqueness~

I am on the other hand interested in your pink sapphire ering though:) And am open to options of other colour stones~

Just my view of cox~

Here is a thread on my pink sapphire when I got it. I still absolutely love it and decided that an alexandrite cannot replace my pink sapphire, it is very sentimental as it was my 25 year anniversary gift that my husband had made for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results