shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pendant Necklace,,How do I buy??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glenn925

Rough_Rock
I am in the market for a present for my wife..I want to buy her a Diamond Pendant Necklace in the 1.0-1.25 carat range..si1, g/h...My questions are as follows:1) Am I better off buying exactly what I am looking for from a jeweler?? Do vendors on this site sell the whole package?2) Should I buy a diamond from a vendor on here and have someone local do the chain and and bezel? If I take this route, what kind of cut should I be looking 4?? I would assume it would be different then an engagement ring type of diamond. (not as deep so it's not poking her in the neck)..I just found this site so this is all new to me,,,any/all help would be great!!!!!!Glenn Ajmo

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Glenn925,Most of the diamond vendors will be glad to provide you with the necklace setting. Check the vendor list on this site https://www.pricescope.com/dealers.asp .Some jewelers do also a custom design. E.g. members of this forum Joe Bacon http://www.intellex.com/~bacon and StevL ([email protected]) are great craftsmen and jewelers and very knowledgeable in diamonds.As for the second part of your question, let's wait for the expert opinion.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi glenn,You got good advice here. I'm just saying "hi"-I moved from N. Caldwell 10 months ago.
smile.gif
lawmax

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Darn Lawmax, I'm following you tonight
smile.gif
Mmmm, wonder which forum she's at now.------------------

bacon

Rough_Rock
glenn925-Support your local jeweler. If you are thinking bezel, I encourage you to stay with very well cut diamonds. Only the ideal cuts hold thier beauty in a bezel.
Bezel setting is my favorite style. I think it is very classy.Use a round type chain style.NO FLAT CHAINS FOR PENDANTS.Certain rope, wheat, box, rolo are a few very good choices.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
glenn925,I'm for you supporting your local independent jeweler! But if you feel okay with dealing on the web, and you don't mind emails and phone calls, then you can save a couple bucks, make friends, and get what you want.As far as quality, why should it be any different for a necklace or earrings? I hear this all the time, and you may give a little, but keep them nice and well cut. Cut alone will produce the most brilliance and despersion, then I would consider color, then clarity, and last the size. If you feel as you must get a certain size, then slide the qualities where they best suit you. And work with a jeweler who understands *your needs*.Happy hunting!------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results