shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond orientation in setting

IsabellaB

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am so excited to finally have my stone set! I would love to hear your opinions on the orientation of a round Diamond that is set in a six prong Tiffany setting. Is it customary to set the stone N-S or offset? Is there a reason to choose one way over the other? Thanks so much! (Or maybe I’m just overthinking this!)

Attachments

• IMG_4026.png
    IMG_4026.png
    430.1 KB · Views: 91

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I am so excited to finally have my stone set! I would love to hear your opinions on the orientation of a round Diamond that is set in a six prong Tiffany setting. Is it customary to set the stone N-S or offset? Is there a reason to choose one way over the other? Thanks so much! (Or maybe I’m just overthinking this!)

I think a benefit of the offset is that the prongs don’t block the tips of the arrows.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is offset from the center. How big is this stone? I only really notice when I'm looking at it very up close or under a loupe.
Most of the time my stone just looks like a white circle and I dont really see the fine detail of the arrows. I cant tell the arrows
are there but they are not standing out where they make a big difference in where they are located.

In other words, its a very small detail in real life IMO. Only a bigger detail when you are taking up close pictures and trying to capture
the arrows.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on how AR you are (I am...). I prefer the arrows be symmetrical, whether straight up and down at 12:6 positions or offset at 11:1

Ken Naw

Rough_Rock

I think this is personal preference.

The N/S alignment is visually quite strong pointing directly to N and S prongs. (Bottom ring).

The top ring is offset, but the table wasn't orientated properly. I think offset looks a little more harmonious. I've asked them to correct the orientation of the table if possible providing the prongs don't obscure the certificate number on the girdle, which is possibly why the offset isn't perfect in the top ring. Or maybe there was no thought in the diamond orientation when it was set.

Or maybe there is no thought to where the inscribed certificate number is lasered, compromising the orientation of the diamond. I've noted on most rings the table is skewed in the setting.

Screenshot_20240326_194954_edit_402485173436671.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Offset so the arrows are not obscured.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results