shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CapnBody

Rough_Rock

If anyone has the opportunity, I would appreciate an opinion on a diamond that I found at UnionDiamond.com:

I think it is a good balance between size and quality, but would like a second (or third opinion). The only other thing that this diamond has going against it is minor inclusions in the center of the diamond. That section of the GIA cert. is attached. Anyone with any thoughts on how they would affect the appearance would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

-CAPN

incl map.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It's tough to tell from a dimensional drawing, but the chances are good that these inclusions are scattered and diffuse.

What's the clarity grade?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You might post carat weight, color, clarity, dimensions (diameter, table %, depth %), crown and pavillion angles, and asking price for more detailed opinions.
1.gif

CapnBody

Rough_Rock
My appologies,

For some reason when the information I entered for the above ring didn't make it to the board. Here they are again:

Cut : Round

clear.gif
Carat : 1.41

clear.gif
Color : F

clear.gif
Clarity : SI1
clear.gif

Regular Price : $8052

clear.gif
Wire Transfer Price : $7817

clear.gif
Measurements : 7.24- 7.22-4.42 mm

clear.gif
Depth Percentage : 61.10 %
clear.gif

Table Percentage : 58 %

clear.gif
Girdle : T-STK

clear.gif
Culet : N

clear.gif
Polish : Very Good

clear.gif
Symmetry : Very Good
clear.gif

Fluorescence : None

clear.gif

Special Notes : AGS1

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am no expert and am just learning but that looks more like what Id expect from a si2 not an si1.
There are too many inclusions for a si1 rating.
Can one of the experts comment on this?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to bad at all... if you are after light return and sparkle, it would help to know at least some more numbers to crunck (such as pavilion depth), and ideally to have the stone graded for its optical properties.
2.gif

These left aside, the stone has all the chances to be as clean as it is white (very much so, that is).
1.gif

CapnBody

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I was not able to get any more detailed dimensions than what is on the GIA certificate. I was told that the diamond meets AGS1 standars. I assume that it means that the cut must at least be very good. I can't find a desciption of what the AGS1 standars are.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would get whoever has the diamond to get an eye-ball read on what the SI1 was and if it was 100% eye clean.
The reason that this is an AGS-1 is probably because of the 58% table rather than 57.5%. On paper it looks like a nice diamond if it is eye clean.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
I am no expert and am just learning but that looks more like what Id
expect from a si2 not an si1.
There are too many inclusions for a si1 rating.
Can one of the experts comment on this?
-----------

That's the disadvantage of a two dimensional drawing trying to capture a three dimensional image.

You have to remember that these inclusions are at various depths throughout the stone, with some maybe being black and some maybe being white and some maybe being transparent.

The plotting diagrams almost always look worse than the actual stone. Often the thickness of the line drawn to represent the inclusion will be larger than the inclusion, and the contrast between the plotted inclusion against a white background will be much greater than that actually seen in the diamond.

The plot looks like it could easily be an SI1 if the inclusions are scattered and diffuse. Tough to spot them with the naked eye when they're like that.

CapnBody

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone who provided comments. I purchased the diamond today. While I don't see many remarks about Union Diamond on this forum, I will make the comment that their customer service so far has been fantastic. Scott even recalled the diamond that I was interested in from a jewelry store he sent it too. He assured me that the stone was eye clean and beautiful. I'll let the forum know how it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results