shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond opinion please :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akanesama

Rough_Rock
Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated from the bottom of my heart. It''s been such drama with the previous ring purchased from a chain store (the diamond fell out) so we''re looking to buy a quality ring. If this is the wrong section to post I apologize. Thank you so much for any help and thank you for reading
1.gif

Carat weight: 1.44
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 62.0%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.22 x 7.24 x 4.48 mm

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have crown and pavilion angles and/or an IS image ??
And, if you want to know value, you''d need to give us the price.

akanesama

Rough_Rock
The GIA report seems to be unavailable - I think it was JUST posted which is why I was so anxious when I posted. We were looking for something in the 1.50ct range. The price for the diamond is $10,145.. Maybe they''ll post the GIA report later, they usually have it available on all the diamonds. :)

Sorry if that''s not enough information.
7.gif

akanesama

Rough_Rock
There's also another one we were looking at, I think this one has more information. :) This one is $11,329. I'm also attaching an image of what you were asking for but this is for the 1.51ct, not the 1.44ct :) I -really- appreciate the quick reply :)

Carat weight: 1.51
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 61.6%
Table %: 58%
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Measurements: 7.25 x 7.36 x 4.50 mm

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 1.44, it''s cut a little tighter, and basically the same size as the 1.5, but you''re paying less. See if you can get more info on it!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 5:43:09 PM
Author: akanesama
There''s also another one we were looking at, I think this one has more information. :) This one is $11,329. I''m also attaching an image of what you were asking for but this is for the 1.51ct, not the 1.44ct :) Diamond Picture I -really- appreciate the quick reply :)

there are better combos out there for a ring.
Slow down and do some homework first and dont be in a hurry.

akanesama

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 10:31:19 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 1/19/2007 5:43:09 PM
There's also another one we were looking at, I think this one has more information. :) This one is $11,329. I'm also attaching an image of what you were asking for but this is for the 1.51ct, not the 1.44ct :) I -really- appreciate the quick reply :)

there are better combos out there for a ring.
Slow down and do some homework first and dont be in a hurry.
I'm not sure if I quite understand? I've been doing research for a few months. Granted, nothing in depth but about some of the basics and this looked pretty decent to me... So, I'm just confused as to what I'm not seeing in this.

We've been engaged for over a year and have been trying to find a ring so we've been carefully looking around since our first purchase wasn't a good one (the diamond fell out, as I mentioned in a previous post)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Akanesama,

I was thinking the same thing. I''ve been doing research too and I thought this one seemed pretty good. I wonder if there is a chart somewhere that lists the dimensions and percentages a stone should have for different carat weights. If there is, maybe I missed it. Maybe it''s not that simple but I wish it could be.

akanesama

Rough_Rock
The website finally posted the GIA report for the 1.44ct diamond. Please tell me what you think!
1.gif
Thanks so much <3333

1.jpg

Carat weight: 1.44
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 62.0%
Table %: 56%
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Measurements: 7.22 x 7.24 x 4.48 mm

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 8:34:50 AM
Author: belle
nice!
36.gif
I agree!

Does the website/vendor offer any other information on their stones? Such as IS image, or a Sarin report? It seems to have much potential!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto Belle and Ellen! Look as if it could be a real winner!

akanesama

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for the quick responses yet again!! The only thing I can see online is the GIA report unless it''s somewhere on there that I''m missing? :)

akanesama

Rough_Rock
Oops. I just googled "Sarin report" and saw that AGSL certified diamonds come with what you were asking about. Am I better off finding a AGSL diamond if I can''t get those measurements?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.44ct has sweet numbers!
30.gif

To get the Sarin report and/or Iscope picture, you''ll have to ask the vendor for them.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 10:35:02 AM
Oops. I just googled 'Sarin report' and saw that AGSL certified diamonds come with what you were asking about. Am I better off finding a AGSL diamond if I can't get those measurements?
Chrono's right, just ask the vendor if they can supply you with either, or both would be perfect. They can do that for GIA stones too.

Do you mind my asking where this is from? If you don't want to say I understand.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
That vendor doesn''t do IS or sarins - at this point you would need to purchase the stone to see if you like it, it has a good length return policy - you could consider sending it to someone like Richard Sherwood, or any of the other appraisers regularly recommended on here to get their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results