shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Newbie, need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

groovy_m

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie to this diamond thing. People generally tell me that is better to buy the diamond separately instead of buying a ring already done. However, i want to get an emerald cut diamond (not sure about grade and cut) with two emerald set stones. Do I have to buy the two smaller set stones separately, and have the whole assembled? Or is it easier to buy a it together. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
It is advisable to buy all of the diamonds loose. If you work with a good vendor, he/she can help you choose diamonds that are well-cut. The dealer/jeweler can help you choose sidestones that will match the main stone in color and cut and can help you find a well-matched pair in the proportion to the center stone that you prefer. Get the diamonds first and then work with that same jeweler or another on the setting.

groovy_m

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering what the average savings were if you buy the stone loose? Say 10%, 20% or more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results