shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond necklace

Sparkling Princess

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I’m window shopping for my potential first Diamond necklace… I’ve fallen for this Costco one! Is it too much for everyday wear? I love sparkle but don’t want it to be overkill either, I live a very laid back life haha. I’m also wondering if there’s something similar for less $, and if it had an actual pear shaped center that would be my preference. TIA!!!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one answered this?

Is it too much for everyday wear? Short answer: no

A little bit of sparkle goes with everything. And that would not be over-the-top in any environment, imo.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
This would not be a diamond necklace I would choose for everyday wear. I prefer something more simple - a solitaire, a dbty, a diamond circle/heart/cross. I think it's the double halo around the pear drop that makes it less daily wear for me. But this really comes down to personal preference.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
wear what makes your heart sing
who cares what anyone else things
if this sparkle is going to bring you joy then go for it
most people you come across in your daily life wont even notice, let alone comment:(2
march to the beat of your own drum

also i read in some style guide years ago dress like you are going somewhere better afterwards :lol-2:

Sparkling Princess

Rough_Rock
This would not be a diamond necklace I would choose for everyday wear. I prefer something more simple - a solitaire, a dbty, a diamond circle/heart/cross. I think it's the double halo around the pear drop that makes it less daily wear for me. But this really comes down to personal preference.

Thank you for your input! Any suggestions for a more suitable everyday option? Durability is definitely important, too

Sparkling Princess

Rough_Rock
wear what makes your heart sing
who cares what anyone else things
if this sparkle is going to bring you joy then go for it
most people you come across in your daily life wont even notice, let alone comment:(2
march to the beat of your own drum

also i read in some style guide years ago dress like you are going somewhere better afterwards :lol-2:

It would definitely feel very fancy! I don’t really want to draw any attention however.
I do tend to wear dresses daily, but I don’t go anywhere fancy lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would definitely feel very fancy! I don’t really want to draw any attention however.
I do tend to wear dresses daily, but I don’t go anywhere fancy lol

i honestly thing you will be fine
after wearing it for a week you will be used to it
i think it would be lovely with a dress .....or anything more or less casual

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d wear it everyday, it’s pretty :mrgreen2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not a design I would wear on a daily basis as it is too ornate for me.

However, I am typing as someone who rocks a 5ct heart shape Moissy in a bezel setting on a twisted wire chain around my neck on casual days! :lol-2:

I prefer the combination of pendants and chains, and have lots of pendants (mainly pearls) for 2 chains - a twisted wire with one end that is removable for that it and slip into small bails and holes (e.g. for pearls); and a 2mm shiny square box chain.

Being plus size with a chunky neck, delicate chains and necklaces would disappear on me. Hence I prefer wearing pearls around my neck nowadays for their size and visual impact.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
once on the pearl forum we had a discussion about taking the wheelie-bin out with pearls on ......

Sparkling Princess

Rough_Rock
It is not a design I would wear on a daily basis as it is too ornate for me.

However, I am typing as someone who rocks a 5ct heart shape Moissy in a bezel setting on a twisted wire chain around my neck on casual days! :lol-2:

I prefer the combination of pendants and chains, and have lots of pendants (mainly pearls) for 2 chains - a twisted wire with one end that is removable for that it and slip into small bails and holes (e.g. for pearls); and a 2mm shiny square box chain.

Being plus size with a chunky neck, delicate chains and necklaces would disappear on me. Hence I prefer wearing pearls around my neck nowadays for their size and visual impact.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

This is a good point. I think this just solidifies me wanting this necklace even more however not too dainty, not too bold, just right! (For me- Lol!)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I would totally wear this everyday. But, I would also wear a riviera necklace everyday with a t-shirt and jeans :bigsmile:

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! I’m window shopping for my potential first Diamond necklace… I’ve fallen for this Costco one! Is it too much for everyday wear? I love sparkle but don’t want it to be overkill either, I live a very laid back life haha. I’m also wondering if there’s something similar for less $, and if it had an actual pear shaped center that would be my preference. TIA!!!

How exciting to be shopping for a diamond necklace! This is a very pretty necklace and is a more ornate design than I would wear daily. Maybe a pear diamond pendant on a simpler chain? A pendant that slides and isn’t fixed in place might be a better choice for daily wear.

IMG_0551.jpeg

I have a platinum thicker bezel diamond solitaire on a 16” ball chain I wear all the time. I layer other necklaces with it.

IMG_0549.jpeg

Last edited:

Sparkling Princess

Rough_Rock
How exciting to be shopping for a diamond necklace! This is a very pretty necklace and is a more ornate design than I would wear daily. Maybe a pear diamond pendant on a simpler chain? A pendant that slides and isn’t fixed in place might be a better choice for daily wear.

IMG_0551.jpeg

I have a platinum thicker bezel diamond solitaire on a 16” ball chain I wear all the time. I layer other necklaces with it.

IMG_0549.jpeg

I actually really loved the details in this chain & the fact that it does not slide around. The clasp spinning around to the front bothers me and most necklaces tend to do this it seems. Although I really love that pear! Very pretty! Where was that one from?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Or you could get one with smaller lab diamonds for less than the cost of the necklace you posted earlier. So many choices! :)

I think if you google something like "lab diamond pear necklace" or something like that, you'd find a lot. If you want to go with lab diamonds.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
The nice thing about Costco is that you can purchase it, and wear it for a month. If you find that you end up thinking it is too much, you just return it.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I actually really loved the details in this chain & the fact that it does not slide around. The clasp spinning around to the front bothers me and most necklaces tend to do this it seems. Although I really love that pear! Very pretty! Where was that one from?

Sounds like you know what you like, which is a HUGE plus. I have had to learn over expensive trial and error. The Costco necklace you like is very pretty and unique.
I found the halo pear pendant on Pinterest and it’s not very unique. There seems to be many options when I Google search.

Grown Brilliance offers a lab version:

Looks like James Allen offers one with a bale:

Sparkling Princess

Rough_Rock
Sounds like you know what you like, which is a HUGE plus. I have had to learn over expensive trial and error. The Costco necklace you like is very pretty and unique.
I found the halo pear pendant on Pinterest and it’s not very unique. There seems to be many options when I Google search.

Grown Brilliance offers a lab version:

Looks like James Allen offers one with a bale:

Yeah I guess nothing else has caught my eye so far! I guess I better start saving my pennies… I feel like it’s a LOT to spend on a frivolous item. I guess I just feel like cheaper jewelry never lasts long at all. I’d really like to invest in something pretty that will last years to come. So better pick something that’s love and save up!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty! While your saving your pennies, keep an eye on those Costco circulars in case it goes on sale!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's pretty and perfectly fine for every day wear if you will be taking it off at night or during certain activities.

fwiw - I have a simple dbty chain which I often layer with various pendant necklaces. I love that I can wear the dbty necklace on it's own 24/7 without worries and can still dress/change it up. (I us a layering clasp to keep the necklaces separated).

jasonwithers

Rough_Rock
Trade
pico park

Love it, I would wear it every day.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think the necklace you posted the link to is lovely. I'd buy it, and wear/enjoy the heck out of it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results