shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Measurements...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikeyzgcd

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

This is my first time posting and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this website for their great information and stories. I have learned alot and I don''t know what I would have done had I not found this sight. I''m very close to purchasing a ring for my g/f, but I had a question about diamond measurements.
Can anyone tell me what those three numbers mean? Example: 6.45*6.42*4.00.
Should the first number be smaller or larger than the second? Does it matter? What affect does it have on the diamond, if any? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
They actually mean exactly what they mean outside the diamond world as well--Length, Width, and "Depth" (though if you just think of it as "Height" it's easy to remember). So, the length and the width are only as important has how symmetrical the stone is supposed to be. For instance, a round or square princess should have L & W measurements that are fairly close together. For say an emerald or pear, you'd be able to tell how fat or how skinny they are.

The Depth, though, is of considerably more importance, since it affects light performance.

diamluvr

Rough_Rock
Hello! If that is a round diamond the first two numbers 6.42-6.45 are the range of the diameter of the stone in millimeters. This number is determined by measuring teh stone at different points. The smaller the difference, the "tighter" and more circular the stone. The last number 4.00 is the height of the stone in millimeters. Hope I helped
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results