shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond (Light Performance)

dynastyice

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I was looking at these diamonds. But to me, the AGS report has a lot more green, lower light performance, than diamonds that I see at whiteflash. ACA diamonds.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/D-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1302251.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/D-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1391337.asp

vs

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2645115.htm

Are the jamesallen ones good? For the .901 from whiteflash, looks like a good diamond, but more expensive. Hearts and arrows worth the price? Will I see a difference in brilliance when mounted? vs a regular ideal cut?

Diamond is going to be mounted on this band or (similar band depending where I buy the diamond), will I see a difference when mounted?
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/3-stone-coeur-de-clara-ashley-diamond-engagement-ring-39.htm

Thanks

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're all amazing. I'd go for the cheaper ones.

RayEarth

Rough_Rock
Why is the WF diamond 50% more expensive than the two True Hearts?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
RayEarth|1310453163|2967026 said:

VS1 compared to VS2 of the JA stones. At that color grade, a slightly better clarity grade results in a relatively large price jump.

Also, the WF stone is above the 0.9carat mark where there is a mark jump in $/carat, just higher demand for a larger carat weight above some arbitrary numbers, like, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, etc.

Get the hearts image for the 0.85c JA stone, else you are not comparing apples to apples here.

dynastyice

Rough_Rock

LOL, that is why I want to know also. :)

I am requesting for the hearts image for the JA stones. Should I request for the arrows image also?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To nearly everyone who would ever examine one of these diamonds next to another one of these diamonds, they would likely say that all look superb and brilliant, sparkly, firey, etc. After staring at them for a time and trying various lighting scenarios they might see that one or two look a bit different in some minor way from the other(s). Maybe a small numbr of people who spent this time in careful contemplation and after much examination would decide they preferred one particular diamond due to its light performance, how it looked, over the others. One could make a choice simply based on such a decision, but it is not a requirement. One could decide that they all look so much alike, and wonderful, that they would select the least costly one and spend the difference on some other necessity or frivolous thing. We also see people who wish to spend the most possible to get the highest color, clarity and best performing diamond they can possibly afford and possibly find. They might compromise on one aspect or another a tiny bit , but they want the overall stone to be top knotch in every sort of measured appearance.

The true problem is that there are enough variables in all of this that the human mind really can't logically choose unless a couple variables are eliminated. I suggest you eliminate a couple items from the things you are using to compare the stones, such as weight, or cost, or color, or clarity, or cut. That does not mean you are not caring about that feature, but all of them have sufficient levels of quality that you can simplify your process of choosing by elimination, not by complete comparison. You'll have a lot less headache and make a great choice. Believe me, someone else will love your rejections.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dynastyice|1310476709|2967145 said:

LOL, that is why I want to know also. :)

I am requesting for the hearts image for the JA stones. Should I request for the arrows image also?

Another reason is that the trade-in policy with Whiteflash is better.

RayEarth

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1310479222|2967202 said:
Another reason is that the trade-in policy with Whiteflash is better.

But surely that's a reason why you would prefer shopping at WF if all else being equal, not a reason for WF to charge higher prices? Otherwise you could argue that WF should include their generous trade-in policy as an option for additional cost?

kdn2684

Rough_Rock
I also wonder why the light generated image from the AGS report for JA seem to always have green in areas where you want it to be red. I guess this doesn't matter because they provide Idealscope image, but the image looks blury and not as high quality as what WF provides.

dynastyice

Rough_Rock

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the 2 JA stones, prefer the hearts image of the 0.85c

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results