shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond jacket owners. Need some advice and recommendations!

mr.ingocnito

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I got my wife diamond studs for Christmas, but ultimately want to get her diamond jackets to go along with it by her birthday in early March. I ended up getting RB 0.517 ct each J, VS2/SI1. They are both BG Signature diamonds and slightly over 5.1mm in diameter. I decided to go with 3 prong martini's in 14k WG.

From discussions with her in the past she prefers more micropave style jackets over larger ones and does not like the scalloped look. A perfect example would be jackets like the one in this thread below

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-earrings.58933/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-earrings.58933/[/URL]

I've read through many threads on PS and found that diamond jackets from ID Jewelry are quite popular here. I would go with Leon Mege, but if I had to guess it would cost much more than I would prefer to spend. Ideally keeping it under $1000 would be great, but willing to go $1500 or so if necessary.

So a few questions/requests:

1) Anyone have photos of 5mm studs with 1 pt and 2 pt stones? I've seen many threads with 3 pt stones, but those would be too big for her liking.

2) What mm are 1 pt vs 3 pt stones? Is each pt 1mm each?

3) Do you think jackets for 5mm would fit fine for the studs I purchased?

4) If I do end up going with ID Jewelry how early do you recommend I get the order started since it's the holidays and all? Should I request PS quality stones?

5) Since her stud is J in color, should I try to avoid jacket/pave stones that are whiter such as F/G?

6) Any other recommended vendors for diamond jackets?

Thank you all!

Craig

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Diamond jacket owners. Need some advice and recommendati

It will also depend on the size of the lobe. Mine are small. My main stone is a smidge uner 5.5mm, so add 3-point jacket to that and yeah there's nothing left. But I LUV that... no DSS for me :) But yes 1mm would be dainty with the size earring, which may be more her aesthetic.

If she has a J and the jackets are F-G, IMO she will be able to tell especially if she's color sensitive. My studs are an I and my jackets are F-G and I'm sort of going through that dilemma myself. I love the look when its on, hard to see the color difference and most people can't tell at all. When they're off its another story. I will be investing in more colored stone studs to wear with mine so that is the other piece of the puzzle I have to resolve in my noggin.

If the plan is for her to always wear the jackets with those earrings, then do yourself the favor and get the same color family. FYI, if you go with IDJ, going that low would mean its a custom jackets and not returnable, so something to keep in mind as you go forward.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

I have J studs in the .57 .59 range and have both cushion and round jackets. My cushions are very small non-scalloped diamonds and the round jackets are IDJ. I forgot what points they are, but I can measure them. They are much larger. Not so large that I don't wear them everyday, because I do.

I don't notice the difference in color from the jackets for two reasons. One, they are on my ears, so I don't see them except in the mirror or rear-view mirror where it is not evident at all. There is no discernible difference in photos or when I look at them while putting them on. Two, I am not very color sensitive unless I am in the right light and inspecting that very specific detail.

The only time I can detect the brighter white of the jackets is in certain lighting while I am cleaning them along with my studs. I honestly would never have that as a concern, but as we all know, it's a personal preference and "mind" thing to each of us.

I think the price differential will be worth it for you to check out what IDJ can provide by way of your preference.

mr.ingocnito

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the replies. If you or anyone else have any pics that would be appreciated. I may go with IDJ, but want to see other options. I may even contact LM to see what it would cost for a custom design. I would be willing to pay a little more for his work especially if I decide to just wait until next year instead of her birthday.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

I have IDJ jacket .05 points each my studs are EGL International F color so it means they are mostly likely I or J color . My jackets are F and I absolutely love them. IDJ is a wonderful company and priced perfect. Make sure you tell them you want pricescop quality and they will treat you like family.

mr.ingocnito

Rough_Rock

heididdl|1480901429|4104828 said:
I have IDJ jacket .05 points each my studs are EGL International F color so it means they are mostly likely I or J color . My jackets are F and I absolutely love them. IDJ is a wonderful company and priced perfect. Make sure you tell them you want pricescop quality and they will treat you like family.

That's awesome! Do you have a pics you can share? How big are your studs to compliment your 0.5 point jackets?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There's a huge thread on diamond studs in show me the bling. You'll also find plenty of jackets there as well.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

My studs are 1.20 each so 2.40 total

fullsizerender__5_5.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

My IDJ jackets sorry for photography

fullsizerender__6_6.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results