shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond is slanted/ prongs uneven

Gcayman

Rough_Rock
After 4 years I finally returned my three stone radiant cut ring due to a chip on the corner that went through the girdle. Could see it with the naked eye and I could only assume it occurred while I had the stone reset to be higher. The jeweler (owner) was gracious, unaware of the situation years ago and exchanged the stone for me, apparently giving me a good price to upgrade for 1ct to 1.2 ct ; AND - charged me HIS cost for new setting. Fantastic. Love my stone. However, THIS is my new solitaire setting I am at a loss right now and don’t know what to do. 50A108ED-EECB-4510-B5B4-3B1DDF5E4F48.jpeg EA23505E-04AC-40C1-A813-F37157E0A0CB.jpeg A68F8D49-A555-43BA-878D-4D9339AA171D.png F96C9D13-228B-4821-9537-CAAE23A0A43B.jpeg 2231246F-348B-4AB8-BB9C-4DE48BF83066.png C84A5136-0D50-45D7-A0F4-2F10E495AC94.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would email these pictures to him and tell him that you love the diamond and the setting but it is uneven. See what he proposes as a remedy.

Gcayman

Rough_Rock
I would email these pictures to him and tell him that you love the diamond and the setting but it is uneven. See what he proposes as a remedy.

So you agree, this is not petty and quite noticeable when you look at the profile everyday? I HATE awkward situations but it doesn’t seem right for a custom head? My daughter keeps saying I’m the only one that would notice that. I think the JEWLER should have noticed it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No its definitely uneven. Email him with those pics

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gcayman, I am usually pretty forgiving of slight imperfections but that setting is definitely crooked and uneven. Definitely email him your pics. Sorry about this, it's a beautiful ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I see the issue. This should be an easy fix. It won’t require a remake of the mount or anything like that unless there’s other stuff going on. I’d chat with your jeweller and see if he can tweak those prongs for you - you won’t be causing him or his bench undue hardship.

Gcayman

Rough_Rock
@Gcayman, I am usually pretty forgiving of slight imperfections but that setting is definitely crooked and uneven. Definitely email him your pics. Sorry about this, it's a beautiful ring.

Thank you! And thanks for the reply. I don’t like being petty, and needed some encouragement:)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And thanks for the reply. I don’t like being petty, and needed some encouragement:)

Totally understand! I am the same way. It helps to have moral support sometimes. Please keep us posted!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you agree, this is not petty and quite noticeable when you look at the profile everyday? I HATE awkward situations but it doesn’t seem right for a custom head? My daughter keeps saying I’m the only one that would notice that. I think the JEWLER should have noticed it!

Yes it is noticeable. Perfect never really exists and I think you cannot pick any piece of jewelry to death. For me personally, it is the diamond that is the focus of the ring. However, in this instance, I think some tweaking is in order. I don’t know that anyone relishes having to go back to a vendor to complain but you paid money to have an acceptable mounting for your lovely diamond. I think your pictures speak for themselves and I would think he would want to make that right.

Gcayman

Rough_Rock
Yes it is noticeable. Perfect never really exists and I think you cannot pick any piece of jewelry to death. For me personally, it is the diamond that is the focus of the ring. However, in this instance, I think some tweaking is in order. I don’t know that anyone relishes having to go back to a vendor to complain but you paid money to have an acceptable mounting for your lovely diamond. I think your pictures speak for themselves and I would think he would want to make that right.

Thank you!

Gcayman

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your reassurance. I hate to be “that” customer, but this drives me crazy when I take the time to think about it. Better off trying to resolve it sooner than later I guess.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reassurance. I hate to be “that” customer, but this drives me crazy when I take the time to think about it. Better off trying to resolve it sooner than later I guess.

I hope he will be very receptive to making this right for you. Keep us posted!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do it now before you keep it too long. He should be gracious enough to fix it so you don’t lose the stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results