shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond inclusion advice - example

hoinam

Rough_Rock
untitled_44.png

Hey everyone, need some advice. Took a picture at my local dealer located on the AGS certificate.
G color and VS2. Cut is hearts and arrows.

This diamond has a few feathers in it.

Any concerns i should be aware of?

hoinam

Rough_Rock
untitled_44.png

Here is a closer up picture of the inclusions.

Carat is over 1.6.

Any thoughts?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hoinam|1444835796|3938175 said:
untitled_44.png

Hey everyone, need some advice. Took a picture at my local dealer located on the AGS certificate.
G color and VS2. Cut is hearts and arrows.

This diamond has a few feathers in it.

Any concerns i should be aware of?
Any pic of the hearts? Any pics of the stone? Hard to comment about inclusions from looking at the map.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are probably no structural issues if that's what you are worried about. VS2s are usually eye-clean but cant really comment
from just a picture of the map. You probably have nothing to worry about but ask the vendor.

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
If you took a picture at the vendor's why didn't you ask him about the durability of the feathers etc.?

Do you have pictures?

Does he have a return policy?

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely, definitely check with their return policy! That was huge for me and I took advantage of it twice. PS recomended vendor also to be safe if u r a newbie like I was. Takes more risk out of the purchase. However you stated it is a local vendor. Hopefully you have checked out the reputation, BBB, etc. Never can be too safe.

VS2 should be wonderful. Paying for a VS2, should be eye clean. You have seen this diamond in person, since local? Or just the certificate?

I would ask about the feather directly. I have found that if I didnt asked *point blank* questions then sometimes the answers came back a little muddled. I believe I read up a lot on feathers and most of the time they seem to be ok, but there can be small risk at time (lower quality I believe)? Try a search. Lots of threads.... but each time it is unique, may just need to ask your vendor point blank.

If possible you could always take it to an independent appraiser to give it a once over. Being a VS2 probably isn't necessary with a AGS, assuming you know price is competitive. I did this with one of my GIA SI2s I was going to purchase. Was a total waste of my time and money. Pick wisely.

GL

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
H and A should be stunning :) you could also post any other information you have measurements, scopes Exedra and get feedback from others (not me lol). It was helpful. Being H&A AGS should be good to go!

I want to see a pic! She must be a beauty! GL :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results