shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond in the process of dual certification

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's awesome!

Will the buyer give you any more for her because she was graded higher?

No...I just took my highest price...I was willing to go 1k down...so getting the full price was good enough for me. I really wanted it to be done. I didn’t want to have to take her back because I might have done that and been back at square one. I got a good enough price to feel okay about it...It was an easy process. I would highly recommend them. They’re fair...

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Great news! So glad it worked out in the best way for you!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Such good news! Very happy for you and I’m sure the upgrade will be fantastic!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you on both accounts!!! Woo hoo to a new ACA F! And I’m glad you feel good about letting Libby go!! Can’t wait to see your néw ring!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So happy for you on both accounts!!! Woo hoo to a new ACA F! And I’m glad you feel good about letting Libby go!! Can’t wait to see your néw ring!!
Thank you @jbake @FL_runner @Slick1! I‘ve been so stressed having two diamonds being graded by GIA..It was making me so nervous! I’m so happy it came out the way it did! I wish I could have had David make me my forever setting...but I love the Valoria. I’ll be happy with it for a few years. I’ll fly to LA when I want him to make a setting. I’ll meet @mrs-b for lunch!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful! Happy about Libby being an F but really happy that your new ACA graded the same as AGS. This is an important finding but I am really happy for you!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful! Happy about Libby being an F but really happy that your new ACA graded the same as AGS. This is an important finding but I am really happy for you!!

The F stayed the same @MissGotRocks but GIA said it was a VS2 instead of a VS1. I think they got that wrong. I’ve seen so many VS1 and VS2 plots on both AGS and GIA certs that were so messy. This one has a clear table and is very clean. In my mind AGS is right on both counts. It’s an ACA VS1 F color...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations MamaBee! So happy it's all over and things worked out in your favor.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Both diamonds came back from GIA as F’s!!!! Libby was an F not a G just like I thought all along! I’ll miss her but I’m happy she will go to a new home!
@nala

That is so awesome, @MamaBee ! So happy for you!!!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! :appl: so glad and it is such a pleasant surprise!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thrilled to pieces for you sweet Joanne but you already know that. I was jumping up and down with relief for you so much so that I did all my steps just from that haha. Cannot wait to see your HG diamond in your HG ring. XOXO. :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just because GIA might call it an H doesn’t mean they are right - it just means there is a discrepancy. GIA is not the end all be all of diamond grading. Just don’t let them knock you down on price. You still have an AGS grading certificate that states G color.

@MissGotRocks I just wanted to thank you for these words you said. I kept them in the back of my mind so I could work it out should a discrepancy happen. Libby, my 2.03, was an AGS vs1 G color fifteen years ago. Now GIA says she is an F vs1. My new AGS 3.01 F VS1 came back as a GIA F VS2. They are human graders. It’s all opinion..I’m convinced if someone else at GIA graded her she could have come back a VS1. I really think it’s not as accurate as most people think. It’s a +/- thing..I’m very happy with the fact that both labs say she’s an F. That was the most important to me. I can’t wait to get it and see it in person! XO

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks I just wanted to thank you for these words you said. I kept them in the back of my mind so I could work it out should a discrepancy happen. Libby, my 2.03, was an AGS vs1 G color fifteen years ago. Now GIA says she is an F vs1. My new AGS 3.01 F VS1 came back as a GIA F VS2. They are human graders. It’s all opinion..I’m convinced if someone else at GIA graded her she could have come back a VS1. I really think it’s not as accurate as most people think. It’s a +/- thing..I’m very happy with the fact that both labs say she’s an F. That was the most important to me. I can’t wait to get it and see it in person! XO

You are absolutely correct. Humans do the best they can do with what they have to work with! My point has always been that you have to take each diamond on a case by case basis - it is not right or fair to make a blanket statement that one lab grades higher than another. It is wrong in my opinion to repeat that - especially here on PS where new members can be influenced by information that is not always factually true.
At any rate, I really am so happy this worked out for you and that you have peace of mind about it all. Can’t wait to see your beautiful new ring!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are absolutely correct. Humans do the best they can do with what they have to work with! My point has always been that you have to take each diamond on a case by case basis - it is not right or fair to make a blanket statement that one lab grades higher than another. It is wrong in my opinion to repeat that - especially here on PS where new members can be influenced by information that is not always factually true.
At any rate, I really am so happy this worked out for you and that you have peace of mind about it all. Can’t wait to see your beautiful new ring!!

Thank you @MissGotRocks!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great news that both of them came back as F’s!!
The same thing happened to me when I upgraded my 2.03 G VS1 ACA. They sent it back to AGS to be graded and it came back as an F VS1.
I can’t wait to see your new completed ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is great news that both of them came back as F’s!!
The same thing happened to me when I upgraded my 2.03 G VS1 ACA. They sent it back to AGS to be graded and it came back as an F VS1.
I can’t wait to see your new completed ring!

Whiteflash sent it back? Was this a diamond you were trading in?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news @MamaBee ! I know you must be grinning from ear to ear!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am thrilled to pieces for you sweet Joanne but you already know that. I was jumping up and down with relief for you so much so that I did all my steps just from that haha. Cannot wait to see your HG diamond in your HG ring. XOXO. :appl:
@missy! Thank you for all the support you gave me through this whole thing. You‘re amazing that you listened to me ramble while you were going through so much with Greg. Big huge hugs..XO

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both diamonds came back from GIA as F’s!!!! Libby was an F not a G just like I thought all along! I’ll miss her but I’m happy she will go to a new home!
@nala

I am so glad to hear this, @MamaBee! The suspense in such situations can truly be agonizing, but I am so glad everything worked out for the best in the end! Woot!! :dance:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash sent it back? Was this a diamond you were trading in?

Yes, it was an ACA. I purchased it and had it for a few years. I traded it for a larger diamond. They let me trade it for the new diamond right away.

They eventually sent back the diamond to AGS at some point and it it came back as an F VS1. I always thought that the diamond was whiter than a G.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it was an ACA. I purchased it and had it for a few years. I traded it for a larger diamond. They let me trade it for the new diamond right away.

They eventually sent back the diamond to AGS at some point and it it came back as an F VS1. I always thought that the diamond was whiter than a G.

That’s exactly what happened to me. I always thought it was whiter than a G..but what did I know...haha

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new AGS 3.01 F VS1 came back as a GIA F VS2. They are human graders. It’s all opinion..I’m convinced if someone else at GIA graded her she could have come back a VS1
Yup, You can send the same stone to GIA 10 different times and probably 5X it'll come back as VS1 and 5X it'll come back as VS2.

btw; Too many rumors on PS about AGS being soft on color.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, You can send the same stone to GIA 10 different times and probably 5X it'll come back as VS1 and 5X it'll come back as VS2.

btw; Too many rumors on PS about AGS being soft on color.

I don’t think either lab is perfect. Until they can accurately scan the color by machine...it won’t be perfect science.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results