shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Hoops...what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, I was looking at those earlier today!

You buy them and let me know!!!

But , honestly I really like how they are set. And I have been looking at hoops off and on this year, the price is good.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
BAG!!

But then again, I don''t wear earrings
11.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I went shopping tonight.
14.gif
I will be saving my money for my inevitable gastric by-pass.
20.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
o shush
2.gif

get the hooooppsss I love them! O and EVERYTIME I go shopping, i end up thinking The Zone isn''t such a bad diet after all LOL...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL. When I go shopping, I tell myself I'll never eat again. Yeah, that lasts for ten minutes :)

Ugh. What a day. Huge fight with hubby then went out to get me some hoops. I went to a local flea market that I go to. They have great prices when you know what to look for...My vendor didn't have much...At another vendor I saw a pair of 1.7 total weight...maybe H color hoops. Nice stones. They wanted 1000 and I said 850...but didn't buy. I got a 1ct pair from my guy for 550...but backed out later in the day. Not EXACTLY what I want. Told him I'd spend more - but they weren't what I wanted...Then I went to Saks and bought perfume and the lady put the wrong one in my bag.
20.gif
Not having a good day.

But the vendor will look for what I want. I just can't justify spending 1750 on a pair of hoops right now. I have bigger fish to fry
11.gif

Thanks everyone! I'll let you know which ones I get....and maybe that bag is in the future too! They have so many goodies at Saks it's depressing
7.gif
LOL
41.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2005 5:47:22 PM
Author: moremoremore

I have bigger fish to fry
11.gif
36.gif
11.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I know you dig my heavy Belle!
10.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2005 5:47:22 PM

LOL. When I go shopping, I tell myself I''ll never eat again. Yeah, that lasts for ten minutes :)

Ugh. What a day. Huge fight with hubby then went out to get me some hoops. I went to a local flea market that I go to. They have great prices when you know what to look for...My vendor didn''t have much...At another vendor I saw a pair of 1.7 total weight...maybe H color hoops. Nice stones. They wanted 1000 and I said 850...but didn''t buy. I got a 1ct pair from my guy for 550...but backed out later in the day. Not EXACTLY what I want. Told him I''d spend more - but they weren''t what I wanted...Then I went to Saks and bought perfume and the lady put the wrong one in my bag.
20.gif
Not having a good day.

But the vendor will look for what I want. I just can''t justify spending 1750 on a pair of hoops right now. I have bigger fish to fry
11.gif

Thanks everyone! I''ll let you know which ones I get....and maybe that bag is in the future too! They have so many goodies at Saks it''s depressing
7.gif
LOL
41.gif
You can get them for less. I didn''t pay $1,700 for my 2.25 ct hoops.... The ebay hoops looked really nice but not the best price, IMO. You''re smart to shop the flea market...you got an awesome pendant stone...and there is no doubt the hoops can be gotten for much less.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will try to dig up the ones I found on eBay that looked promising a few weeks and post the seller information...they were something like 1ctw and $550 with quality of something like G/H SI and looked pretty clean.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think ebay is great when you know what you're doing...but in the case of the hoops I was flying blind...the flea bag has some great deals...

Please do try to find the link tp the vendor..that's a spot on price!
Although my guy was actaully going to look for sllightly smaller hoops with slightly larger diamonds...so we'll see. Well, my poor husband is telling me I'm always wanting something and commenting on diamonds that it puts a lot of pressure on him. Hmmm. I think the poor guy has a point. I want a new kitchen, a vacuum, rugs, furniture, an upgrade, etc He's been so obseesed with making money for the last year and now I know why...
15.gif
..so now I'm feeling VERY guilty...but I'll get over it LOL...What he doesn't know won't hurt him...but I'm going to ease up on the upgrade for the ring. I guess he has a point. And now he is taking me to Saks to return perfume I got (the lady put the wrong one in the bag)..poor guy doesn't know he bought it for me b/c he pissed me off the other day...I used the forbidden Amex...on a few things I might add DOH!
23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5009176048

It was 1ctw for $500. Someone bought them though and I don''t see any more in his eBay store but maybe he can get some for you.

I liked them because they were thin but large hoops, and had the inside-out look.

He does have some thicker 3 sided pave ones in his store right now...different but cute.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Very cute...but too big for me...I have a nice thin pair like that somewhere with very small stones...I kind of want smaller hoops 1 - 1 1/4 with larger stones but still thin...and that gets more expensive b/c the stones are bigger...but I''ll keep that vendor in mind...thanks again

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 12:15:54 PM

Well, my poor husband is telling me I''m always wanting something and commenting on diamonds that it puts a lot of pressure on him. Hmmm. I think the poor guy has a point. I want a new kitchen, a vacuum, rugs, furniture, an upgrade, etc He''s been so obseesed with making money for the last year and now I know why...
15.gif
..so now I''m feeling VERY guilty...but I''ll get over it LOL...What he doesn''t know won''t hurt him...but I''m going to ease up on the upgrade for the ring. I guess he has a point.

That''s sort of like what my bf said to me....one time he told me he knew he wanted to be with me but he was afraid he couldn''t afford me. Like, he was really upset and just worried that my champagne tastes weren''t compatible with his beer budget. He''s learning though
2.gif
and I really have tired to compromise on some things....I don''t like to compromise, its hard work!
That being said, I love the hoops, and good luck looking for a pair you like!! It’s a classic piece that you can wear for a while.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Is this what you think you want? Okay, maybe this is an excuse for me to post mine because I am very biased and think they are just perfect size-wise...
11.gif
2.gif
I waited 2 years until my jeweler got just the right pair... And this was it. You have long, dark hair--you need a substantial hoop. I don't think 1-2 pointers are going to cut it. This pair is 2.25 cts tdw. Honestly, next to studs, these are so versatile and classic...I love mine. You'll wear them all the time.

hoops.07.31.05.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
oops

hoops.07.31.05.2.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Jennifer, your hoops are great.

Do you the mm size or inch size? You got those at your local jeweler?

Yours look like the size I am looking for. Ans the stones are set exactly like I was looking for. Last Christmas, I saw some at www.mauricebadler.com and came close to getting them, but got bracelets instead.
I think Ross Siimons has some, but I''m not sure about the quality.

I really need to treat myself - just pulled way back on my responsibilities in my company to avoid major stress. Couldn''t put up with all the hand holding for my clients (custom home building) so now I will just do our spec homes. I am so proud that I really made the decision to do it. And, yes I took myself off the payroll, which took my salary to almost 0. But I am so enjoying being home again and seeing my last kid off to college. (I really need the $$$ for that, 2 in college now)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm I hear ya...it''s a very personal thing re: taste...Jen''s hoops are beautiful bling bling but I''d prefer the thinner look of the ones I posted...more daily wear maybe? I have a friend who has some blingy ones and they look fab on her but I think I need something more subtle, my hair is shorter too now. I also love big hoops rather than smaller ones so I''d love larger hoops with less ctw.

Let us know what you find...you know how PS''ers love to piggyback on excellent diamond deals!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Ann, I *think* my stones are about 5 pts each... I have to get the hoops, count and do the math. I do adore them. Ann, that site you posted has amazing hoops but the prices are ludicrous! You can do better!
1.gif

There are a LOT of factors to think about with hoops....many more than with studs! For example:

Size of stones
Overall diameter of hoop
setting-channel, shared prong, bead, bezel, pave
closure-snap bar or like I have (I don''t know what that''s called) or that other click type

I kept trying on hoops at my jeweler''s for literally 2 years...He kept telling me he''d order what I wanted but I didn''t know what that was!
37.gif
Then one day, poof! there they were and I knew.
36.gif
Mara''s right-I am a blingy girl and I wanted hoops that were less subtle.... but not super gaudy! You have to see what clicks for you (no pun intended).

I''d go to the flea market and try on as many as you possible can. One thing I noticed about the channel set type was it seems to block the light from entering the sides--a little less sparkle from the profile, if that matters to you.
1.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Jenn, you''re hoops are just perfect. Jeez...I wasn''t even thinking of hoops and now I want some
3.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wow guys! Thanks so much for all the pix and ideas...and J Fo, of course, your hoops are fabulous!!!

I''m actually looking for the size of the last one''s ann posted...at least how they look in the photog....

I learned a very important thing hoop shopping this weekend...you HAVE to see them in person. I was shocked to see how many pairs people were trying to sell me that literally had frozen monkey spit stones. You wouldn''t thiink in sizes that small that it would matter but it totally does. And the amount of metal makes all the difference...

The Ross Simons'' are perfect...only thing about that place is that I have purchased from them before and they ALWAYS look so different when they arrive....Also, I am wondering if those have stones in the way back of the earrings? I don''t need that to keep the price down. Front and inside is all I want...

I''ll keep you guys posted...I''m going to go through the flea market b/c the prices are unbelievable and I''ve been dealing with the same guy for so long he knows he can''t try to put one over on me...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
MMM

If you find any hoops online that pass the test let me know. I almost broke down and bought a pair of those fancy hoops from Badler.com a dew months back. But I''ll hold off and see what else turns up at a better price.

And I agree with you about the Ross Simons stuff. In the past when I have ordered from them, the quality was not always as it looked in the picture.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, here are my hoops. They are ok. Not fabulous but pretty good. The stones are too far apart and there is nothing that can be done about it. When I saw the castings, I thought they were shared prong. But G-H 1.6 (approx) tcw (13 stones in each hoop), nice cuts for $650...who cares! LOL. (My guy at the flea market rules!) I think my dream hoops are yet to come but these are fine for every day :)

I hope these pix of my hands and face aren't too gross. These shots can really be gross outs if too close.

Anyway, thanks for all your help gals!

PICT0578.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
If this is too close, I''ll throw up.

PICT0580.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Nervous about this LOL

PICT0594.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

PICT0601.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results